rear suspension coilover MKII

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: rear suspension coilover MKII

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:24 pm

As far as I can see KYB don't do coilovers.
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Stuart » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Geoff Butcher wrote:As far as I can see KYB don't do coilovers.

correct, which is a shame and why I said "I guess the rear ones could be modified to hold a spring too"
Stuart

Postby goldeneye » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:40 pm

fozzza wrote:
Stuart wrote:Do not buy GAZ dampers, the damping rate is too high I understand.

Protech may be your best option for a shorter damper, spring rate from 90lb/inch to 110lb/inch, 2.25" diameter springs.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1960&hilit=mk2+coilovers

these are the best mini shocks, I guess the rear ones could be modified to hold a spring too https://www.minisport.com/kyb74304kit-k ... rbers.html

I totally agree. I have GAZ dampers with 90lb springs on the back of my MK2 and it feels quite harsh. I suppose the best comparison is like the Princess and the pea. Its not so bad when we go away for a few days with a full fuel tank and the wife has packed the kitchen sink :roll: but you cant always travel fully loaded up. so I also would not recommend.
I have purchased Protech for my MK3 but have not put them to use yet, so Im pleased that Rich has recommended them :D.

I am running with 90lbs (2.25", 10.5" Length ) to, and I like it a lot, just as stiff as my mini. But as always, maybe there is still a better set-up around?
Midas Mk II
goldeneye

Previous

Return to Mk 2