Ignition wiring

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Ignition wiring

Postby Midasmatt » Mon May 04, 2009 10:40 pm

Recently got a project midas for myself and it arrived today in the back of a horse lorry :)
got the engine turning over on the starter but theres no spark to any of the plugs...

some of the wiring loom in the ignition area is getting very hot when trying to start it.. am i right in thinking this is a short circuit somewhere?

havent had the chance to lok properly yet as i was out in the garage till 5 mins ago and its now 22:40 here... gotta be up at 6 haha
WhEn In DoUbT gIvE iT a ClOuT!
If YoU dOnT hAvE a SpAnNeR, hIt It WiTh A hAmMeR!
Midasmatt

Re: Ignition wiring

Postby manifold » Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 pm

yes it could be a problem with wiring. First thing I would check is your earths are all working and connected properly.

Check through usual suspect of coil, points (if fitted) condenser, leads. Have a look at wiring and see if anyone has been using tape or solder. Examine fuse box for corrosion, Replace any dodgy looking fuses. Get the multimeter out and check wiring end to end.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

D
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to Mk 2