B*st*rd jobs on a Midas, No. 43

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: B*st*rd jobs on a Midas, No. 43

Postby max midas » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:42 am

I usually go up through the access/speaker hole in the bottom of the dash, underneath the fog lamp switch.
Is this just a convertible thing?
max midas

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:01 pm

I have the Rover 213 dashboard and the front shocks are impossible to reach via the speaker hole or apertures when I remove the glovebox and instrument panel. But there is a large gap between the bulkhead and the lower part of the dashboard so with a sort of S-curve I can reach it. On the right hand side the relays and fuse box was in the way, but with 2 bolts that's easily removed. I really hate this job, because if you let the nut slip from your fingers it can fall inside the sills. Usually I lay down a number of towels or cloth to prevent parts falling somewhere where you will never be able to retrieve them from again.
Hans Efde

Postby Rich » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:41 pm

I cut a hole in each inner wing adjacent to the mounting points with a small hole saw. Just large enough to squeeze a rubber through it makes it a (relatively) easy job. The holes are concealed behind the battery tray on one side and the header tank on the other.
Rich

Postby manifold » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Hans,

Did you take the steering wheel off too? I can definitely get access behind the instrument panel....just need to reach in quite a way. Its still a b*st*rd though. Maybe its harder on the left hookers?

The rectangular aperture above the glovebox is tight though. Better with long girlie arms.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe