Mot and exhaust

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Mot and exhaust

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 pm

My local scrap yard went in one day and bought the speakers for a fiver and pulled all the covers off so they looked knackered then bought the seats for 15 quid as they looked ruined but all the covers zip off really easy so took them home an put them back together they are a bit untidy here and there but for 20 notes I'm not complaining my mate is 6 foot 4 an fits in a treat and I have raised them up about an inch or so higher than they need to be they are a doddle to fit it took me n hour will post a few pics tomoz straight after work and there is another mx5 eunos in my scrappers if you want me to get them make sure you get eunos roadster seats as they have speakers in the headrest which are really handy when travelling alone I have put an inline switch on them for when I have passengers or when my favourite song comes on
b1zbaz

Postby lankyjames » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Geoff Butcher wrote:
lankyjames wrote:A couple of photos from the drivers and passenger side would suffice I think, I just need really low seats for headroom!

Just how lanky are you, James? The builder of my Mk3 told me he's 6' 5" and he reckoned it was OK... :o

Also 6'5", I fit just about and if funds allowed I'd get some tillets!
lankyjames

Postby Stuart » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:11 am

lankyjames wrote:
Also 6'5", I fit just about and if funds allowed I'd get some tillets!

In all honesty that type of seat is going to give you the best chance of fitting your mk 2 without resorting to adding the ramp. B1's are lovely seats

Perhaps Kelvin can up with a cheaper version to broaden the range of people who can actually fit inside a MK 2.
Stuart

Postby kelvink » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 am

Amongst the many mods I'm doing to my Mk2 are the exhaust and undertray, plus seats. I'll be doing a GRP seat which will be a lot lot cheaper than carbon fibre but I dare say I could get done in Carbon if someone wanted some as I have a friend who does Carbon composites. Personally I think it's 99% of the time a waste of money where people use carbon but hey it's fashionable. I'm also doing the dash too which will incorporate my tablet as an ancillary display but that's going to be a while yet before I do that though I have started...

I've got to make a start on writing something for the magazine about what I'm doing, but I also want to get things looking more tidy than they are right at the moment so you guys can see what I'm up to at Stoneleigh. It'll soon be here!
kelvink

Postby Stuart » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 am

I'm looking forward to it Kelvin, heck I might even have a trip to Stoneleigh this year now :)
Stuart

Postby lankyjames » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am

RoackTrackRace in Nottingham (actually next to where I used to work) sell these fibreglass seats:

They're only £228 for a pair, though I think the girlfriend would rather be transported in some luxury. Tempting to get one GRP seat for me, and a comfy one for the passenger ;)

Edit:
kelvink wrote:Amongst the many mods I'm doing to my Mk2 are the exhaust and undertray, plus seats. I'll be doing a GRP seat which will be a lot lot cheaper than carbon fibre but I dare say I could get done in Carbon if someone wanted some as I have a friend who does Carbon composites. Personally I think it's 99% of the time a waste of money where people use carbon but hey it's fashionable. I'm also doing the dash too which will incorporate my tablet as an ancillary display but that's going to be a while yet before I do that though I have started...

I've got to make a start on writing something for the magazine about what I'm doing, but I also want to get things looking more tidy than they are right at the moment so you guys can see what I'm up to at Stoneleigh. It'll soon be here!

GRP seats and Tablet in the dash....now i am interested, will be interesting to see how you have incorporated a tablet, as I too was looking at putting my 7" Nexus into the dash but I had a car-computer in my '89 mini that was hard to use due to the bumpier ride.
lankyjames

Postby Stuart » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:40 am

Yes I'd seen those. On first look they don't look that comfy, always try for size before buying.

A couple of years ago at Stoneleigh I kept going back to sit in the B1 seat on display, I just couldn't believe something like that could feel so comfortable.

Edit, the mk 2 dash lends itself very well to putting something like tablet/satnav in a really good position just above the heater controls.
Stuart

Postby lankyjames » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:56 am

This was the installation in my mini;

The computer is dwarfed in computational power, specs, power draw and screen quality by the tablet I currently own, and in a much smaller package. Also means you could remove it and use it as normal.
lankyjames

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe