Problem spotted thanks to maxmidas

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Problem spotted thanks to maxmidas

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Bumped into maxmidas today at my works unit as he was having coolant issues so it made me check my hoses and so on and I noticed a leak on my coolant hose before I went out so thanks max hope you got sorted out today and you saved me big problems as I was planning on taking the Midas camping with me in the lakes this weekend
b1zbaz

Re: Problem spotted thanks to maxmidas

Postby max midas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 am

Good to meet you Barry, quite a coincidence that with (I think) only two forum members in the Northwest I happen to meet you by accident.
The garage did a temporary repair (plugging the extra outlet on the water pump), but with leaking head gasket and hot oil spurting out of somewhere, it was only a matter of time before we broke down again, this next time it was the M5/M50 junction.
The RAC took us the rest of the way.
Shame as we were getting 47mpg on the way up to Lancashire.
max midas

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Well you must have got better mpg when the rac got you lol was there any serious damage to the engine it was a very strange meeting I was amazed when I turned around great meeting you just wish I could have helped a little more hope your little one is ok
b1zbaz

Postby max midas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:15 pm

MPG on the way home must be great, I only used my petrol to the M50, the rest was RAC diesel :lol:

Not sure of damage yet, been fixing the other car first :(
I did check the oil level when she'd cooled down, I'd put way too much in there playing too safe, so maybe that's why it was spurting everywhere.
Still have a warped head, but also have a very good engineering shop locally, so should get back on the road soon.

The little one was wonderful - 10am till 5pm in a Midas without a/c on a hot day, then breakdown trucks till 7pm, and hardly a moan out of him - proud dad!
max midas

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Sounds like my little man drove all the way to Cornwall took around 14 hours not a peep out of him
b1zbaz

Return to Mk 3 Coupe