Somebody hit my car

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Somebody hit my car

Postby Alan D. » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

b1zbaz wrote:Its been hit at the back causing very minor damage to the rear bumper my cmax has been hit the van has been hit and now this I'm fed up with it its somebody from the church group I know that but just can't prove it

Some sort of camera needed. My daughters bought me a bird nest box with a camera inside. I've never used it as yet. But it strikes me that it is small enough to fit on a front bumper somewhere. Check the cars which are parked next Sunday for any sign of damage to their cars.

But Barry it's fixable, so it's not the end of the world. worse things happen.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Geoff Butcher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Alan D. wrote:But Barry it's fixable, so it's not the end of the world. worse things happen.
Alan

Quite so. Hitting a deer at 50mph doesn't do the front panel a lot of good... :evil:
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 pm

ACourtney wrote:I think that Hans is being a bit pessimistic on value, since your car is a runner with a current MOT. In fact the yellow Mk3 that Hans referred to did attract bidders and went as high as £1200, before being withdrawn two days before the auction was due to end. That leads to the conclusion that somebody made an offer in excess of the then highest bid and the seller went for a quick sale. On that basis I would think your car would be worth more than £1200 if the interior and mechanics are in good order.

Oh I didn't know that, I just saw it ended without bidders. Yes I do believe they are worth much more. In fact the insurance values in Holland are above 10000 euro, but sale value is less. There are 2 convertibles already many years without success for sale for around 5000 euro. But Martine's car (black gold mk3 with already a lot of money spent on it) was sold for 900 euro's a few years ago. Maybe you have to be lucky and patient to find the right buyer.
Hans Efde

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm tempted to just buy a new bumper for it and sell it on where it will be safe
b1zbaz

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe