Bonnet Stay

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Bonnet Stay

Postby benofbrum » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 pm

ACourtney wrote:I still have stocks of the original "Western Body Hardware" auto-latching bonnet stay.
This holds the bonnet up, automatically latching when the bonnet is opened and releasing with a second upwards movement.
It also provides support against the wind blowing the bonnet forwards, which a conventional strut doesn't.
A further refinement is to use a wing nut on the bolt at the top of the strut, which when coupled with a sprung bonnet pin, makes it easy to remove the bonnet single handed.
Unfortunately, I can't find a photo of this strut in a Midas, but this is the WBH catalogue image:

item_130375838_216420.jpg.jpg

My stocks are finished in the yellow ZPP - Zinc Plated and Passivated - and come with one end bracket which fits in the recess on the underside of the bonnet.
The other end bolts to the side of the engine bay, usually spaced off with a penny washer.

The stays themselves cost £9.50 each.

I had exactly this set up on one of my Gold convertibles and, as Alistair says, single handed bonnet removal was easy
benofbrum

Re: Bonnet Stay

Postby ACourtney » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:51 am

I've had a couple of enquiries about the stays so for anyone interested in one, P&P for first class postage is £4.00 and for second class post £3.50.

As I mentioned above the stay is £9.50, with the mtg bracket for the top and I will include a wing nut with the hinge bolt for quick removal of the bonnet.

Anyone interested can PM me.

Alistair
ACourtney

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe