Headlamp covers

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Headlamp covers

Postby axshack » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Rich wrote:
axshack wrote:as it happens today a car reversed into me and smashed the nearside 5.75inch lamp...so I now understand how it works...and luckily enough managed to get a CIBIE replacement at LARKSPEED for a helluva lot less than DEMON TWEEKS wanted !!

Good grief, is Larkspeed still going? I haven't heard of them since they shut the shop in Cleckheaton.

sure are:

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=8482369&a=i
axshack

Postby All That Glisters » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 pm

I forgot to mention, when you remove old (rusted reflector) headlamps, don't throw them away because you can reuse the glass if your new one should get broken by a stone. Just cut the sealant between glass and reflector bowl and seal the good glass onto the good bowl. I use ordinary clear kitchen sealant but I suspect any adhesive will work.

Regards Mark
All That Glisters

Postby axshack » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:23 am

Good tip, many thanks :)
axshack

Postby axshack » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:59 pm

axshack wrote:
All That Glisters wrote:If you loop shoelaces or bits of string through the rings at the end of the springs and pull apart gently (you need three hands to do this) you can create a big enough gap to pop the lens into place without having to resort to screwdrivers.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark, many thanks for this hint! makes a lot sense now you have said that !! :D
Dave

Your are right!@ It works@ But what a faff @!@!
axshack

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe