Coupe cable clutch problems

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Coupe cable clutch problems

Postby ACourtney » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 pm

justamin wrote:Thanks for the link. I haven't checked yet but I think the cable clutch arm is a different throw to the hydraulic item. I'm not sure the minispares one will fit, so I think I will need to contact them. Was the Avonbar engine based on the turbo lump as my local stockist says this is not available?(I see the Minispares part is an aftermarket version)

The clutch arm in the ebay link is the correct one for the cable clutch - assuming that your engine has the Verto clutch. The Verto-clutch arm that Minispares sell is for the hydraulic set up - easy to spot the difference the cable clutch arm has a rubber bush where the forked end of the cable attaches, whilst the hydraulic arm itself is forked to sit either side of the actuator rod. The plunger/piston that holds the release bearing is the same for both forms of actuation. I have used the Minispares part on a standard engine without problems. I guess the cheaper part might wear quicker if an uprated clutch cover is used.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Was the Avonbar engine based on the turbo lump as my local stockist says this is not available?" Unless your engine is a Turbo, it would have been based on an MG Metro 1275 A+ engine.
ACourtney

Postby justamin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi Hans.Just back from a holiday. A hydraulic swap would be my preferred route, but I see the bulkhead has a slope to it. Is this an easy obstacle to overcome?
justamin

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Yes no problem, my car has a vertical reservoir with integrated cylinder. No idea where it came from since it was on the car when I bought it. Can make pics if you want.
Hans Efde

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe