Throttle cable

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Throttle cable

Postby Geoff Butcher » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:04 pm

I hope I'm right in assuming the throttle cable is standard Metro?
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Re: Throttle cable

Postby Rich » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:06 pm

The one in mine is!
Rich

Postby Geoff Butcher » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:43 pm

The action of my throttle had become rather heavy, so I got a new Metro cable (thanks, Rich, I still think it looks too short!) and finally got round to fitting it. However I thought I'd operate the pedal by hand just see what it felt like. That was when I found the rubber mat was doubled under the pedal and when straightened normal service was resumed! Luckily my sense of humour was working well, although it was mainly relief at not having to change the wretched thing! :lol:
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby fozzza » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:21 am

Geoff Butcher wrote:The action of my throttle had become rather heavy, so I got a new Metro cable (thanks, Rich, I still think it looks too short!) and finally got round to feveitting it. However I thought I'd operate the pedal by hand just see what it felt like. That was when I found the rubber mat was doubled under the pedal and when straightened normal service was resumed! Luckily my sense of humour was working well, although it was mainly relief at not having to change the wretched thing! :lol:

How long is yours ( I mean the throttle cable :lol: ) I have recently purchased a new throttle cable from Mini Spares, a little premature I must admit with the work I still have to do on my MK 2 but it was a bulk purchase with other items and being a bit of a miser I don't like paying extra delivery costs. Well back to the throttle cable I purchased the extra long Nylon sleeved cable part No C-AHT85 and according to the Mini Spares web site it is supposed to be the dogs b******s in cables. I haven't fitted it yet but must admit from visual inspection it is more substantial than ordinary cables and does run smoother in the sleeve. For reference purposes the outer is 790mm long and the inner is 990mm long.
Roy
fozzza

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi, fozzza, the one I bought is 600/840mm.
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby fozzza » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:53 am

Geoff Butcher wrote:Hi, fozzza, the one I bought is 600/840mm.

Cheers Geoff, much appreciated, that info will be very useful, I have hunted hi and low for the original throttle cable I fitted to the car but couldn't find it for love nor money, and I cant remember what cable I used, but we are talking 25 years ago. I know I had a few issues with the throttle when first building the car but cant remember the details, so I will have to see how this mini spares one goes.

Roy
Roy
fozzza

Return to Mk 3 Coupe