Air filter

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Air filter

Postby Jin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Got some, nice length brand new 170cm long, I've checked it with a bit of 3/16 break pipe and its a nice snug fit.
Yours if you want it just pm me your address
https://easywider.co.uk/ universal flexible wheel arch extensions
Jin

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks to Jin for a length of hose, but it seems my problems are not over. I thought the throttle spindle might be sticking so decided to fit my spare HIF44, using the the BBZ needle from the old carb, and treated it to new plugs. Once I remembered to re-connect the vac line to the Megajolt I got it to tick over at 900rpm and it drives nicely, except that at a small throttle opening eg. at 30mph in 4th it feels very jerky, which I can also feel on the overrun. The plugs are a touch darker than I would like, but the jet is adjusted as weak as it will go, and yes, I did remember which way to tweak it! The compressions are all over 170psi hot so no burnt valves and I sprayed Easy start to check for manifold leaks, even though it's a bit rich. This is a very irritating fault so please let me know if you have any bright ideas...
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby streetsy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:30 pm

If your spare carb had been stored, the jet may be stuck, take the dash pot and piston off and check it is moving up and down with the adjuster.
streetsy

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe