Rear suspension - handbrake cable/coilover bracket

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Rear suspension - handbrake cable/coilover bracket

Postby fozzza » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:15 pm

DavidL wrote:
fozzza wrote:On my Mk3, having recently removed all the rear suspension, all 3 spacers were 6.3 thick and they were original Corby brackets but im afraid they are no longer fit for purpose.

I've just had a look at your thread, with the photos of the rear subframe.
Then I had another look at my radius arms, and the brackets I have...
It looks like I just need three equal length spacers, the brackets are the same as yours.
I have no idea why I thought there was one long spacer......I'd compare the new bracket with one of the old ones, but I think I had to cut them up to get them off.

Well spotted David, I'm glad I posted that photo, at least its helped someone in a small way. I had forgotten on a closer look at that photo it does show all three spacers loosely attached, a bit of a habit of mine so I don't lose or forget where things go. I must admit I am more familiar with the MK2 so this MK3 is a bit more of a learning curve.
Roy
fozzza

Re: Rear suspension - handbrake cable/coilover bracket

Postby DavidL » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:02 pm

fozzza wrote:Well spotted David, I'm glad I posted that photo, at least its helped someone in a small way. I had forgotten on a closer look at that photo it does show all three spacers loosely attached, a bit of a habit of mine so I don't lose or forget where things go. I must admit I am more familiar with the MK2 so this MK3 is a bit more of a learning curve.

And with that piece of useful information, I've just knocked up three new spacers on the lathe, and have the two sections of one of the new brackets bolted to a radius arm ready to be welded together. One of tomorrow's jobs, which I've been putting off for about two years now! :)
DavidL

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe