Front suspension, need to drain the suspension?

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Front suspension, need to drain the suspension?

Postby minisweden » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:41 pm

I´ll have a go at it tomorrow. Did not get around to it this evening. I´ll let you know how it turned out. would like to loose the Hydragas units though, saw a thread about coil springs. Are there any kits available that are "plug and play"?
minisweden

Postby Rich » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:02 pm

minisweden wrote:I´ll have a go at it tomorrow. Did not get around to it this evening. I´ll let you know how it turned out. would like to loose the Hydragas units though, saw a thread about coil springs. Are there any kits available that are "plug and play"?

Not really, the only stuff I've found has to be adapted from a Mini base. That said as soon as I have milling facilities I'll be adding to the thread with a bolt on option.

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby minisweden » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Rich wrote:Not really, the only stuff I've found has to be adapted from a Mini base. That said as soon as I have milling facilities I'll be adding to the thread with a bolt on option.

Great! When you are ready, I´ll be one ofthe first customers :D
minisweden

Postby minisweden » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Sorted! Managed to slip the suspension and get the driveshaft out. Looks like just the seal, got plenty of them for the Mini I guess they are the same. My problem was that it needed quite some heaving to get the lower ar down enough. I put a crowbar between the subframe and the anti roll bar and really applyded some force. That did the trick.
minisweden

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Coupe