Wheel cylinder

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Wheel cylinder

Postby Geoff Butcher » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Did I say bad to worse? Now I need a caliper as one of the bleed screws has sheared off, and I still haven't got a master cylinder. At this rate I shall have a complete new braking system, assuming I can get the parts... :cry:
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby johnnyfixit » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Thats how mine started with a broken nipple :shock:

started to do the wiring for the stereo to the seats realised I had a new aerial to put in as well ,as the original is bent and wont go down .So out with the rear speaker to chase the cable .Speaker fell to bits AH HA might as well run the CB aerial at the same time tape them altogether and pull :oops: can't find the new tape I bought think I put it on the SIDE where everything dissappears .Next thing wife is having chest pains three ambulances later (must have been off laughing at me :roll: )trip to the hospital now she's rigged up to the national grid who says it can't get any worse :(
johnnyfixit

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Happened to me as well. There is a thread on this subject on the old Yahoo forum. I tried to get the remains out by welding a nut to it (failed) and a left turning tap (it broke).
Eventually I bought a new shiny galvanised set calipers from Ebay. Cost a fortune but O, they shine so beautifully through the spokes!
Hans Efde

Postby Geoff Butcher » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Woe is me! Now in desparate need of a brake fluid reservoir. Can anybody help. please? :evil:
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Rich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Geoff Butcher wrote:Woe is me! Now in desparate need of a brake fluid reservoir. Can anybody help. please? :evil:

I had one somewhere that you'd be welcome to, I'll have a dig around over the weekend.
Rich

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:03 pm

Johnny, that cylinder isn't quite the same as mine, although the reservoir looks very similar.
Rich, I'd certainly be interested if you can find yours.
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Geoff Butcher » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 am

Any luck, Rich? I didn't realise how heavy my shopping is until I had to carry it home! :(
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Rich » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:59 am

Geoff Butcher wrote:Any luck, Rich? I didn't realise how heavy my shopping is until I had to carry it home! :(

Hi Geoff, No luck I'm afraid. It must have gone with the knackered master cylinder. Do you want me to ask across on the Metro forum?
Rich

Postby Geoff Butcher » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:02 pm

It's OK, thanks, I should have one shortly, courtesy of the Turbominis Forum (!)
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 3 Coupe