MED engine detune and overhaul

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: MED engine detune and overhaul

Postby manifold » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm

:) Glad your enjoying the benefits of the Watson Springs Conversion Hans. Its great isnt it. A lot more progressive than the Hydrogas. No more Hydrogas pumps to mess with too!
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Hans Efde » Fri May 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Hurray, MOT passed and ready to roll. CO adjusted to 2% (based on the Lambda indication I had adjusted it to 0.2%!). So now I know a figure around 13 for lambda respresents 2% CO. I need this to find a needle for the stage 2 head that's running a bit lean at higher rpm. I also found out the change to the KM/h display seems to have messed up the speed calibration. I had it spot on, but now seems to give lower figures in relation to the rpm. Anyway time to enjoy some sunshine:
Hans Efde

Postby Hans Efde » Mon May 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Just had a run with a tomtom on board and a thinner needle (ground BBW). Speedo is only 2 or 3 km/h lower than the GPS, so completely acceptable. 4000rpm is 120km/h, I'd prefer a slightly lower rev for cruising, but for driveability this 3.105 diff is the best. Engine pulls nicely in all gears. I love the low end torque and gradual build up of the power. Much better than the turbo which had nothing below 3000rpm and a punch in the face above it. Thinner needle gives already better AFR readings, but in the middle still above 13. I'll grind a bit of the middle section of the needle and tomorrow give it another go.
Hans Efde

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Convertible