Another spring conversion

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Another spring conversion

Postby DavidL » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Thank you everyone!

I'm fairly sure I'll go the Watsons route in any case, but the thought of using Mini rubber cones has been rattling around in my head for some time. I think I've been convinced, partly by watching the Moke video. That was a real dilemma as I love Mokes (despite never having driven one) but I find Mike Brewer very hard work... :)
DavidL

Postby streetsy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:57 pm

My uncle has a moke with minitastic springs, the softer option of the three grades available. It's is comfy, as comfortable as you could expect to be in a car without doors, but there is a lot of body roll (2cv levels of roll!). I'm hoping to go for standard springs (rather than hard or soft).
Today was quiet at work so I made my turrets, going to autojumble at Newark on Sunday to see if I can get some 7078 (I think) aluminium to make my own short HiLo's.
Attachments
Top Mounts.jpg
Top Mounts.jpg (73.16 KiB) Viewed 5350 times
streetsy

Postby Rich » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 pm

streetsy wrote:My uncle has a moke with minitastic springs, the softer option of the three grades available. It's is comfy, as comfortable as you could expect to be in a car without doors, but there is a lot of body roll (2cv levels of roll!). I'm hoping to go for standard springs (rather than hard or soft).
Today was quiet at work so I made my turrets, going to autojumble at Newark on Sunday to see if I can get some 7078 (I think) aluminium to make my own short HiLo's.

If you have a dig around for my thread on the subject you'll see I modified a set of standard Hi-Los by machining them to fit upside down.
Rich

Postby streetsy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 am

I have seen your thread, hence the hole in the top of the mount, if I can't get any aluminium at a good price I think I'll be modifying a set of hilos in the same way
streetsy

Postby wolfie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:01 pm

I've got the watsons springs but haven't fitted them yet. I'll be running them alongside some fully adjustable dampers so I can play around to hopefully get the perfect(ish) ride
wolfie

Previous

Return to Mk 3 Convertible