Rover 200 dashboard

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Rover 200 dashboard

Postby Mtrike » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:11 pm

My heater matrix is leaking but I can't work out if I can remove the cover over it independently of the front panel, anyone done this? If as I think I have to remove the front panel with the cover how do I do this? The build manual isn't very clear on this and it very firmly attached without any fixing to be seen unless their are screws under the vinyl covering.
Mtrike

Re: Rover 200 dashboard

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:48 pm

On my car the heater panel is separate from the main dashboard structure so should be removable:
There is a separate build manual section about the Rover 200 dash on the archive site.
Hans Efde

Postby Mtrike » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Mine seems to be one piece but it might just be the vinyl covering it. MOT on Tuesday then I'll try stripping it down. I've got the the 200 build but can't relate it to my dash, however my car is a pastiche so there may be differences.
Mtrike

Postby Mtrike » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:09 pm

I've been able to have a look now and it seems the dash mounding is a single piece of glass fibre. Pastiche must have made these for themselves. However it seems to be mostly held on by the dash fittings so dismantling begins, intrupted as retirement has been ended bu a job.
Mtrike

Return to Mk 3 Convertible