Midas Cortez driver's side door drop glass

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Cortez driver's side door drop glass

Postby Maphet » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:46 pm

I don't suppose anyone knows where the drop glass for the Cortez window originally comes from. I now have drop glass from the three door and five door Rover hundred sat in my garage but neither fits. I've cut myself a nice perspex one, but it's not quite the same.

I don't want to talk about how it got broken because it's too embarrassing...

Cheers,

Matt
Maphet

Re: Midas Cortez driver's side door drop glass

Postby kelvink » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 pm

Other than the heated rear window, it's all unique to the Midas on the Cortez but you can speak to Alistair about it, probably worth calling it the wind down window rather than "drop glass" if you are going to take things literally ;)
kelvink

Postby Maphet » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 am

I feared as much.

Oh well, that's going to be a painfully expensive mistake. Thanks very much.
Maphet

Postby Stuart » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:48 pm

Maphet wrote:I feared as much.

Oh well, that's going to be a painfully expensive mistake. Thanks very much.

Flat toughened glass isn't that expensive, Alistair probably even has them in stock at a very reasonable price.
Stuart

Postby Maphet » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:47 pm

That would be nice. After a series of niggles, and failed wheel bearings, clutch release bearing went the other day and I just discovered that the spare clutch I bought a while back is the wrong one, so it's not a good week for me and my Midas. The beloved just offered me a grand towards a new car and was offended when I reacted badly. The broken window occurred because a fitted a new battery which didn't work the next day and made me late for work. As a result, I started the car the next morning and left it to warm up - while accidentally locking the keys - I thought I'd be able to slide my hand in and reach the knob, but instead the glass exploded all over my daughter and I. It's the first time she's been hoovered (to remove all the glass) and she was none to impressed
Maphet

Return to Mk 4 Cortez