White Bronze DO20241 - something different

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

White Bronze DO20241 - something different

Postby DavidL » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Well, it IS a photograph, but not of the actual car; it's a photo of a scraperboard picture my youngest sister made of my Midas in 1986. Currently the only digital picture I have of the car, until I get some old photos scanned.
She's no professional artist - she's now an air traffic controller for Heathrow... :D
DavidL

Re: White Bronze DO20241 - something different

Postby manifold » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 pm

it is nice to see something different like this. looks great.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby DavidL » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 pm

manifold wrote:it is nice to see something different like this. looks great.

Thanks! Although, and it's taken me 25 years to notice this, she's given it a Mark 1 front bumper...
DavidL

Postby Stuart » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 am

Nope that's mk 2, she got the lights in the corner bumpers, central number plate and even the corner bumper fixing screws.
Some aspects of the drawing are perfect, the hard bit is keeping all of the bits in scale, I can't draw either.
Stuart

Postby DavidL » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:33 am

Stuart wrote:Nope that's mk 2, she got the lights in the corner bumpers, central number plate and even the corner bumper fixing screws.
Some aspects of the drawing are perfect, the hard bit is keeping all of the bits in scale, I can't draw either.

Actually you're right, it's just that the front bumpers should be deeper from top to bottom - the height she's given them is what reminded me of the Mark 1. I doubt if she'd ever seen a Mark 1 anyway; I dont think I'd ever seen one in our neck of the woods. She was 23 when she drew this, as either a birthday or Christmas present for me.

Scale's the problem whenever I try to draw anything in perspective too. Also, I think she might have been getting impatient by the time she did the number plate - they were white/yellow, but it would have been quicker to do it in scraperboard the way she did it!
DavidL

Postby DavidL » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Funny how these things happen. Last weekend I was moving furniture down to the same sister's house and in one drawer of a desk I'd had in my house, I found the photo she'd used to do the picture above.

Not only that, but she gave me a printer/scanner/copier someone had given her, which she had no use for. So, to bring all these things together, here's that original photograph...
DavidL

Return to Mk 2