The VW look

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

The VW look

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Can you get away without having a front number plate on I wonder? Bronzenuts old car, formerly Stuart's from near Donnington. A lovely car.

Photos from our friends here http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/shows/l2b13/index.html

The 2010 version

Stuart

Re: The VW look

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:36 pm

You can actually get away with it but its a bit of a grey area how many motorbikes do you see with front plates I have been told mixed answers myself but I'm currently running no front plate as it looks miles better
b1zbaz

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:45 pm

b1zbaz wrote:You can actually get away with it but its a bit of a grey area how many motorbikes do you see with front plates I have been told mixed answers myself but I'm currently running no front plate as it looks miles better

It isn't a grey area. also motorbikes only need a plate on the rear.
Stuart

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:07 am

Not having a front number plate on a car is a fine of 90 euros in Holland. Since I have a cutout for the oil cooler I don't have room for the plate as well (I had it on brackets below the bumper, but it slammed backwards everytime I came over a speed ramp). A local printer made a numberplate sticker for me of about half scale. That's illegal as well, but hopefully some police officers still have common sense and somehow it fits the proportions of the car so isn't noticed immediately.
Hans Efde

Return to Mk 2