How do you post small photos

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

How do you post small photos

Postby mfdriver » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Am trying to post pictures of my car but they all come up virtually full size! :lol:
How can one post smaller pictures - a step by step guide would be appreciated
Thanks
mfdriver

Re: How do you post small photos

Postby kelvink » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:59 pm

There's a lot of different ways to do this and who ever it is that is maintaining the website these days ought to look into this as the resolution of some of the photos people are posting here are so high it's rapidly eating into the storage space for the website.

One of the simplest methods to explain though here is to use a site such as http://www.thumbsnap.com if you go to that site you can upload images there and then use the resultant web optimised images to post to the forum here. I tend to do it by uploading an image to a site such as thumbsnap then when it is uploaded there's usually a resultant page you are taken to that diplays the newly sized image. Right click on that image and 'copy the image URL' then use that as the address of the image you post here when you click on the 'img' button paste the url between the square brackets
Code: Select all
[img] paste your url here [/img]

it's actually one of those things that's easier done than said! When you are passing Blandford drop me a line and I'll show you but I'll try a step by step here :-

1) go to http://www.thumbsnap.com
2) upload your photo
3) when the image is uploaded and displayed on thumbsnap right click the image
4) select copy image URL
5) now go to the Midas Forum page you want to display the image on
6) at the appropriate point in your text click the Img button at the top of the box where you have been typing your text
7) between the square bracketed image tags [ img ] [ /img ] paste your URL
8) finish typing your forum posting and hit submit or preview

Job done
kelvink

Postby mfdriver » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi Kelvin
Many thanks - will give it a go after dog walk in New Forest.
Hope to catch up with you soon
Malcolm
mfdriver

Postby manifold » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:42 pm

As the founder of this forum I'd be interested to know whose maintaining this site too. Theres a few updates to add to phpBB to bring it up to date, some of which are security updates. Theres more to maintaining than just hosting somewhere. As a content management system phpBB has some settings for storing images within the hosting site but it has some limitations, without starting coding or adding plug-ins.

The best thing to use for pictures is to use a photo hosting site such as photo bucket or others such as Kelvin has mentioned and direct link them using the tools. Theres instructions on how to do this. I can supply links if necessary.

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby mfdriver » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:00 pm

I used Microsoft "Paint" in the end which a numpty like me could actually get to work! Copied reduced size photo to Dropbox and from there to here
Simples
mfdriver

Return to Mk 2