Air ducts to suit Mk3

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Air ducts to suit Mk3

Postby manifold » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Bought these and fitted to the Coupe today as I wont be using 7" and 5.75" lamps for much longer. Same will be fitted on the KAD convertible.

I think they do they trick just nicely. £17.50 each from Revotec ......and the best thing is they fit directly in the cibie brackets so I can position the air flow too!
They are not on the site yet as they only came back form the supplier yesterday. http://www.revotec.com/. The 5.75" ones are the 89mm duck fitting.

...also if you want a more powerful heater you can use the ram effect by ducting up to the heater motor box. They've certainly drop my engine temps a few degrees.

As always, totally reversible to stock, although this is unlikely.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Air ducts to suit Mk3

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Hooking one up to the heater is a brilliant idea and has been done succesfully by John Mclaren. Only drawback is in traffic jams. It will suck in exhaust fumes.
Hans Efde

Postby Stuart » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:35 pm

Looks good David :) but you must make sure they're both connected to something ;)

Do you know if they do them with a 63mm I/D like they do with the other inlets they offer? that could be just the job to smooth the airflow in my Micra airbox to throttle body.

thanks
Stuart

Postby manifold » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi Stuart,

Yes they will connecting up at some point. Im happy just to get more air in around the rad/oil cooler without having to cut any holes. Just the trick!

You can see how they can be used for pointing cool air direct onto the carb(s) of either 5 port or 7/8/16 port heads.

Also its possible to put a bridge in between the duct and have a spotlight in the middle, allowing air to flow past too.

They do them in the several sizes but you can get tube adapters to step down anyway for the following pipe sizes:

25, 32 38, 44, 47, 51, 55, 57, 63, 70, 76, 80, 83, 89, 102, 114 and 127mm
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to Mk 3 Coupe