LHD Rover 200 dash

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

LHD Rover 200 dash

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:31 pm

A while ago I had a discussion with Alistair about a LHD dash. He can offer one, but it's the square coupe dash. But as I've found out now GTM once made a LHD Rover 200 dash for a German Convertible (I forgot I had these pics, but found them today!). Enclosed 2 pictures of a German Gold Convertible with the desired dash. Alsitair doesn't have the moulds of this dash, so if anyone ever stumbles across these moulds or hears about it, please let me know.This is the LHD dash I want! Maybe it is somewhere in the pile of GTM moulds Westfield now ownes. Maybe someone can investigate?
lhd dash.jpg
lhd dash.jpg (84.83 KiB) Viewed 4473 times

Midas100.jpg
Midas100.jpg (57.59 KiB) Viewed 4473 times
Hans Efde

Re: LHD Rover 200 dash

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:15 pm

I've asked Westfield if they have the moulds of the LHD dash, but they only have GTM moulds. Now I've located Paddy Fitch, so hopefully he can recall what happened.
Hans Efde

Re: LHD Rover 200 dash

Postby Hans Efde » Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 pm

I had a chat with Paddy Fitch today who still works at the previous GTM premises but now builds horseboxes. There are no moulds left in Loughborough (was to be expected). Then I googled for Mark Bailey and after 15 minutes found out he now breeds pigs in Worcester. I had a chat with him as well and found out Midas Cars ltd had outsourced the Midas production to a local glassfibre company. Unfortunately after he went into liquidation, the glassfibre company also went bust. He is going to find out where the moulds went. Obviously Alistair retrieved most of them, but some are still missing (among the Rover 200 LHD dash mould). Possibly they are in possession of former employees of the glassfibre company or receivers. TBC.
Hans Efde

Return to Mk 3 Convertible