castle combe miniworld action day

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: castle combe miniworld action day

Postby Stuart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm

It was this Honda Vtec clubman at the start of this video. Not mine.

Stuart

Postby Maphet » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm in the middle of trying to write something about going around that track and I thought I'd log on to see if anyone else had said anything. That video really sums up quite a bit of how that felt. However, there were one or two difference in E500YPP. First, the overtaking to being overtaken ratio was basically reversed and second, in between stunned silences at some of the more exciting manoeuvres going on around me, I was laughing my head off pretty well from start to finish. The Midas is fun to drive at the best of times, but this was simply hilarious. It's definitely the most fun I have ever had while basically acting as a slow rolling obstacle for mad people in insanely overtuned cars.
If you haven't tried this then you really really must.

I'll be there next year. My suspension will be significantly harder and lower. My tyre pressures will be higher and, by hook or by crook, I will have at least twenty more BHP under the bonnet...
Maphet

Postby davidj » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi All
Thanks Tony for organising another brilliant Castle Combe and especially for providing excellent weather. Judging from the comments posted here I think everyone who bothered to come enjoyed this as much as I do every year. Bumper numbers out on the track this year so lets try next year for an all time record. The day does not disappoint.
David J
davidj

Postby tankosl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 am

I just wanted to say thanks for chatting to my son and I about our Midas .....
He's even more keen for us to get it on the road now!!! Maybe next year???
tankosl

Postby kelvink » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:53 am

tankosl wrote:I just wanted to say thanks for chatting to my son and I about our Midas .....
He's even more keen for us to get it on the road now!!! Maybe next year???

It was good to see you guys again, definitely a target to aim for and get along with your Midas.

I'm going to have mine ready for this next year too it''s a really good day to take part in. I had hoped that I might have had mine on the road for this year's but I have got a bit carried away with the mods I'm doing to it so it wasn't possible to get it done in time. Exeter is looking like I've gone a bit far for that too but I'd rather get things right than half hearted.

How about we all aim to get our unfinished projects finished for Stoneleigh next year? Surely that ought to be realistic?
kelvink

Postby tankosl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:44 am

I think Stoneleigh may be optimistic!!!!
The front subframe is nearly finished, but then I have to rip the engine apart and before it goes back in, I need to repair the bulkhead........then there's the interior, bodywork, glass.......
tankosl

Postby lankyjames » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Though I say this every year...I will make it to next years!
lankyjames

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:28 pm

I have the same problem and one day you realize your Midas is already 10 years in the shed. Because there is always something else that is more important. Therefore I have set a goal. What meeting do you plan to attend? I had hoped to finish the car this year, but my schedule went up into smoke as well. But now the train is running again. Fuel tank overhaul is according to schedule and engine build is coming along. To save some time I have asked them to build the engine. They do it in about 2 manhours while it would take me a week.
I intend to have the car ready for the first cabrio tour in March and the classic car meeting on Zandvoort. If there is a bit of budget left I hope to go to Stoneleigh.
Hans Efde

Postby lankyjames » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Unfortunately its usually other events having importance of Midas / car events, this castle combs was a belated meal with my grandmother for her birthday.

Plus the Midas headlights recently failing & with the time I'D have to be up to get to the event at a reasonable hour would be a little dangerous. I've got some play in the rear arms I need to sort before any track time
lankyjames

castle combe miniworld action day

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm going to stoneleigh next year in mine I don't care how tatty it looks compared to some of the others that attend its going
b1zbaz

PreviousNext

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events