show season 2013

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: show season 2013

Postby Alan D. » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 am

kelvink wrote:Doh! I thought I was going to be first doing headlights like this. Mind you it does look a bit like a bit of PhotoShop They do look good which is why I'm doing the same with my Bronze too. I've got a fair few other mods I've done as well though. Will reveal all when I'm more completed. I intend to start writing up what I've been upto and get it in the club mag first.

Loving many of these photos by the way. It's great to see as many Midas out together

No it's not Photoshop, it's good old fashioned cardboard, but as I said in an earlier post Aitchi has found some ready made lights from a Nissan 240, which with a bit of bonnet modifications will do the job! The lights which I used are 90 mm Hella at £90 each!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270802585102? ... 1423.l2649

I'll post pictures later this week of my failed for the moment, alternative engine swaps. Just trying to get a bit of momentum going on the forum!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby stan1396 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Those nissan lights look great and cheap at the price- BUT I bought some second hand motorbike parts from the states and was charged £8 import duty AND a £20 handling charge from the GPO, I assume for unpacking and repacking the item.I dont know if this happens with every item,it may be that my seller didnt declare them properly on the package,however it doubled the cost of the item and it didnt end up reasonable at all! Lets be careful out there,Stan.
stan1396

Postby kelvink » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Another thing to bear in mind is we drive on the correct side of the road here in the UK so while the lights look great from the USA ebay, they point the wrong direction for use in the UK
kelvink

show season 2013

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm

You can solve that with a sticker over the lens that dips them both ways or at least you could years ago
b1zbaz

Postby lankyjames » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:53 am

I bet they don't even have any kind of offset for driving on other sides of the road!

I liked the photo from a while back that looked like smart roadster light covers
lankyjames

Postby Alan D. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:48 pm

kelvink wrote:Another thing to bear in mind is we drive on the correct side of the road here in the UK so while the lights look great from the USA EBay, they point the wrong direction for use in the UK

I'm not sure if what I'm saying is correct, but I think Aitchi said, that because they are twin headlights the dipped beam is on all of the time and points straight ahead, all you do is switch the main beam on and off! Aitchi has some in stock, but he is a bit busy at the moment, but in the new year we will try and put some power to them and see what happens.

The other complication or possible bonus is that I think Aitchi said they were HID, I know that they are angel eye, which would give us daylight running lights, giving us a better and safer profile on the road!

If they are suitable lights I would link two sets and there is another member of our Northern group wants a set.

Oh no what am I saying here we go again for another group buy!!!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby kelvink » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 pm

sounds interesting, I'm not too sure they will work legally but am definitely interested so keep me informed as I would be interested in getting some.
kelvink

Postby kelvink » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:17 am

Here's an event for those in the North East which looks pretty good to me....

http://www.facebook.com/TSAutodromeSprintSeries

Shame I'm way too far away but it looks good.
kelvink

Previous

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events