show season 2013

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

show season 2013

Postby neon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 pm

hi was wondering if any one has any plans for show season 2013? i know im new to the forum but would love to get together with others ?

i will be at l2b mini run on 1st and 2nd of june but also shows like snetterton , i know its a way away but would be good to see if any one else is about?

cheers iian
neon

Re: show season 2013

Postby lankyjames » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 am

Hi iian,
I'll be keen for joining you on the l2b.

I've been wanting to do it for years now but keep putting it off!

Other shows I will be attending, odd mini show, Newark and donnington and also retro metal hopefully!
lankyjames

Postby kelvink » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:30 am

Yep I'm very much aiming to get to a number of events with the Midas. Hopefully I can get a few others to come along too. Stoneleigh, Castle Combe are definitely on the list along with a number of local events in the Wessex region. L2B would be good too. We have a similar one over here called Mouth to Mouth which is Weymouth to Exmouth but I'd like to also get some pub run type trips out in the country going too.

Here's something for those in the North West (David ????)
http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/to ... o-exhibit/
kelvink

Postby Dewsnap Mk1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:16 pm

I'll be at L2b with my Min again, not sure if we'll get my Dads Mk1 done by then, it's a target I suppose :)

I did the event city show this year with my car :)
Dewsnap Mk1

Postby cortezkeeper » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Midas OC committee will be discussing 2013 events at meeting on Friday 7 December, Crown Inn, Wychbold (between Bromsgrove and Droitwich) . All contributions / suggestions welcome. Contact info in the joint mags or me via this page.
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Postby Alan D. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Moffat 2011

Lake District 2012

Angoulem 2012
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

And the last one for Stuart, " The easy to park Nissan Micra!"

Alan
Alan D.

Postby lankyjames » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Looks good, but after searching for Moffat - It's bloody miles away!
lankyjames

Postby DavidL » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:36 pm

lankyjames wrote:Looks good, but after searching for Moffat - It's bloody miles away!

Wimp. :D

I'm hoping to get my Midas to Stoneleigh this year (about 380 miles), with a side trip to my sister's in Arnold (must be near you!). If I do it'll be the first time in about 20 years. However, I did think I'd make it to Stoneleigh 2012 as well...
DavidL

Postby Alan D. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:43 pm

lankyjames wrote:Looks good, but after searching for Moffat - It's bloody miles away!

But it's easy to get to and it's only a drive! But with a few people in convoy the journey is much shorter! I'm pleased to see from one of Neon's first posts, that a few people are interested in getting their Midas's out of their garages. We have done it quite successfully in the north for a few years now. We should really try getting little events organised all over the country. The pictures in the Lake District, were of a VSSC reliability run, they came from all over the country, open cars in the rain and cold of a November weekend! So it should be easy in a Midas with hopefully a heater. The pictures from France, an amazing event is over three days and I now that there is already one Midas entered. When we were there, David Johnson contacted a French Mini club (Mini Marcos photo). They said they would be very happy for our cars to join them and there club for this event.
We were once out on a run with about five Midas's in convoy and one of the comments was; " To see one Midas is great, but to see five together is amazing"!

We need to lift our cars profile, the only way is to get them out of the garages! We will be doing events in the North, come and join us, you will be made very welcome. Or better still organise something and we will come to you!

The Angoulem trip is a once in a lifetime " bucket list trip".

This photo is of Moffat again, and is of a car now called "Ruby"

Croft

Metrocenter Meet on a Wednesday evening,

Thanks to James for posting and thanks to Neon for starting the thread, why not add some photos, we would like to see them.

Alan
Last edited by Alan D. on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan D.

Postby Stuart » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Nice photos Alan. This photo is the first time I've found the convertible more desirable than the coupe. They've got a real sporty rake in this photo.

Stuart

Next

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events