MiniWorld Action Day, Castle Combe, Saturday 27th September

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

MiniWorld Action Day, Castle Combe, Saturday 27th September

Postby ACourtney » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:15 pm

The next event is the MiniWorld Action Day on the last Saturday of September.

This combines a great Mini based show with on track action and good selection of trade stands. Contact Tony Moss - pm to moss, or email innroom@tmoss24.freeserve.co.uk - to get your entry tickets organised.

If you want to partake of some quick laps on the Castle Combe circuit then contact Tony Moss to book your track sessions now. Tony manages to get a good discount for us every year, but if you don't get your sessions booked in advance you will pay full price on the day. You don't have to thrash your beloved Midas around the circuit (nobody told me that ;) ), most owners are content with simply taking part in the lunchtime parade lap.

If you have never been before, then you are guaranteed a great time and you will probably pick up a bargain or two from the trade stands. In fact you would have to be a Mini hater not to enjoy the day!

This year we have an extra reason to try to get Midas owners to bring their cars along. As part of the lead up to next year's double anniversary - both the Gold Coupe and the club itself are 30 years old in 2015 - we will have Rob Hawkins from Kit Car magazine visiting us. So if you have a really smart looking Midas or a particularly individual example you might get featured in the magazine. Even if your Midas is old and scruffy (not naming anyone in particular) then bring it along to swell the ranks.
ACourtney

Re: MiniWorld Action Day, Castle Combe, Saturday 27th Septem

Postby kelvink » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:44 am

Very much looking forward to this it's always been one of my favourite events of the year and this time I've got myself a road going Midas of my own to take out on the track too!

I've got a list of items I need to replace and this is the ideal place to get parts from the many trade stands and second hand parts on the day. If anyone is thinking about coming along all I can say is don't.... drop the thinking bit and just do it, it's a cracking day!

I'll be going up from Dorchester area and anyone is very welcome to tag along, just follow my smoke trail...
kelvink

Postby kelvink » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:40 am

This is not far off now and I'm wondering if I've got my track session booked or not?

It might be worth putting down here who's wanting a track session and so just copy and add to the following list......

Kelvin - Midas Gold Coupe
kelvink

Postby ACourtney » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:35 am

I spoke with Tony Moss about this on Sunday, whilst at the Haynes' Rare Breeds Show.

He needs to know who is coming and who wants lapping sessions by next Sunday, 14th September. He can then arrange for free entry tickets and discounted lapping sessions. Entry will be £12 on the day.
Castle Combe operate an Easy-Jet style discount system, with the discount reducing the closer we get to the event, Tony tells me that the sessions booked from now until the event are £30 each. The sessions will be £35 on the day.
It then becomes a bit tight for time as Castle Combe will send all the passes to Tony and usually he only gets them on the weekend, or even the Monday, before the event. This make distribution of the tickets tricky and if, like me, your postal service is poor you might need to make special arrangements with Tony to get your passes.

So if you want to come along, email Tony (see above) before Sunday. It might also pay to post up your interest in coming and/or lapping sessions here on the forum, as Kelvin suggests, which will give Tony a double check to be sure he hasn't missed anybody.
ACourtney

Postby kelvink » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:28 am

kelvink wrote:This is not far off now and I'm wondering if I've got my track session booked or not?

It might be worth putting down here who's wanting a track session and so just copy and add to the following list......

• Kelvin - Midas Gold Coupe
  • Alistair - Midas Excelsior
kelvink

Postby davidj » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:39 am

The Club has now successfully bought an increased allocation of free entry passes to the Mini Action Day, this allows you to bring your Midas into the Paddock and free parking on the Club stand if you are a MOC Member. However if you want one, as the others have said, you need to contact Tony asap. Non members are welcome to park as well but we would ask for a contribution to the cost of the places.

Track time is a different kettle of fish, you MUST contact Tony asap as he has only a few on order at the moment which are already allocated. You can buy on the day but the cost goes up from £30 to £35.

Please remember that you need your own insurance if you go for track time. There will be some Parade Laps at lunchtime but these should be covered by your normal insurance.

Do please come along as it is a great day, lots of trade stands, Merlin Motorsport will be open and lots of Auto Carbooters. You will not be disappointed.
davidj

Postby streetsy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 pm

I've just sent Tony a PM so if there is space I'll be there with my gold cabriolet. Richard
streetsy

Postby kelvink » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Thought I'd post a reminder to get this up at the top of the page as we're less than two weeks from this event now. Well worth the trip to get along to this, make sure your name is down with the club secretary to get in and out on the track at a reduced price
kelvink

Postby moss » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:04 pm

HI, I HAVE STILL,A SMALL NUMBER OF TICKETS LEFT
PLEASE CONTACT ME ON innroomcontrols@tmoss24.freeserve.co.uk
moss

Postby ACourtney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Tony sent me a scan of the paddock map showing the position of the Midas Club area for Saturday. So no need to drive all around the crowded paddock trying to spot a Midas.

MWAD2014.png
MWAD2014.png (607.53 KiB) Viewed 7526 times

That looks handy for the back gate to Circuit Motors if anyone needs extra fuel after their lapping sessions!

Tony told me that he has received all the tickets and has posted off the tickets off to those who had requested them. As he mentioned in his post above, he has ordered extra tickets and still has a few spare.
So if you are thinking about coming then do not hesitate any longer. Contact Tony and grab one of those tickets. They are free to club members.
ACourtney

Next

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events