TONY MOSS
HON SEC :D

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/eve ... ventID=833

Worth a read if you've not been before.

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/doc ... 202014.pdf
moss

Re: mini world action day castle combe 26th september 2015

Postby justamin » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi Tony, I would be interested in attending Castle Combe display. If you have any other info on the track sessions I would be grateful.
justamin

Postby kelvink » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Excellent! This is the best event of the year for a Midas, put me down for two track sessions at £20 each please one in the morning and one afternoon if possible
kelvink

Postby ACourtney » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Although this is still two months away the deadline for getting the best discount on track sessions is fast approaching. That is a 15 minute track session for just £20.

Tony was a bit pessimistic with his first posting though - he has to notify Castle Combe by August 14th, not the 1st. However, to give him a chance to get the information to Castle Combe by the 14th I would suggest that you let him know before August 13th.

If you miss that deadline, all is not lost. Track sessions booked by September 18th are only £25 if you choose one of the less popular 9.00am to 10.45am, or 4.00pm to 5.00pm slots, whilst the popular 11.00am to 12.15pm and 1.15pm to 3.45pm are only £30 when booked in advance.

Don't forget that the entry tickets that Tony books are free to club members. Yes that's right FREE! If you don't book a ticket in advance you will be charged £12 to get in, so it really is worth making your plans now and getting a free Ticket from Tony.
ACourtney

Postby justamin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:38 pm

I still hope to be at this event. At present, my Mk 3 has a slipping clutch. I have just replaced the cable, hoping that may cure it..My past experience has only been on A series hydraulic systems. Any ideas folks?
justamin

Postby ACourtney » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:29 pm

justamin wrote:I still hope to be at this event. At present, my Mk 3 has a slipping clutch. I have just replaced the cable, hoping that may cure it..My past experience has only been on A series hydraulic systems. Any ideas folks?

If the cable was snagging then that might cause the clutch to re-engage slowly and thereby slip. If the new cable doesn't cure it then the two obvious possible causes are worn clutch plate, or oil getting onto the clutch plate through a leaky crankshaft seal.
If it is the former then the only cure is to replace the clutch.
Does your clutch housing have an inspection hole? - some cars have them, whilst on others the hole was left filled. If you do have an inspection hole then take a look inside and see if there are any traces of oil. The oil would get spun all around the inside of the bellhousing so you are likely to notice it. The long term fix will then be to remove the clutch, flywheel and primary gear so that you can replace the oil seals.
The short term fix would be to spray brake cleaner onto the clutch plate through the inspection hole - to do that you need to disconnect the coil and get a helper to depress the clutch pedal and turn the engine over on the starter whilst you spray in the brake cleaner. Alternatively there is the Le-Mans style Coca cola bath - reputedly used by Jaguar and Porsche teams to cope with slipping clutches - where you pour coca cola into the bellhousing. Quite how the starter motor and release bearing cope with the coke, I don't know, but it does wash the oil off the clutch plate for a while.
ACourtney

Postby kelvink » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Got my track passes and show tickets yesterday :D

Thank you Tony for organising that, rounded of a perfect day after having been to see the Battle of Britain Mass Scramble at Goodwood

kelvink

Postby WelshMidas » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Just returned from Castle Coombe (Rallyday 2015) this weekend. Found Show tickets for next weekend Mini World Action day in the post. Thanks Tony...see you all next weekend.
WelshMidas

Postby max midas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:42 pm

got my ticket, and am rareing to go (but unfortunataly not in my Midas - compression problems).
See you all there...
Last edited by max midas on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max midas

Postby Project79 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Gutted I'm unable to make it Saturday. Have a great time guys and gals.
Project79

Next

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events