Local meets

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Local meets

Postby streetsy » Tue May 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Local meets are a great way to get your Midas seen and spread the word about how good Midas' really are. I try to attend as many meets as I can and unfortunately I don't see any other Midas' (with exception of club meets). I thought it may be nice to try to get more than one Midas' at one or more meets. If you take your Midas out to such meets in any area please post them for others to see and hopefully we will be able to get owners acquainted with one another on a local level.
streetsy

North Midlands(ish) meets

Postby streetsy » Tue May 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Below are meets that I know of:

-Griffins Head, Papplewick. NG15 8EN. Every other Wednesday, starting 29th April, 5pm onwards. Minimum 100+ cars

-John Fretwell Sports centre, Nr. Mansfield, NG19 8LL, 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month 6pm onwards. Usually 30-50 cars

-Horsepower at the Hall. Doddington Hall, Lincs LN6 4RU. 1st or 2nd Saturday of the month (check social media) 100 ish cars

-The Lock keeper, Worksop, S80 1TJ. 2nd Wednesday of the month. 50-100 cars.

-Ikea, Nottingham NG16 2RP. 1st Sunday of the month, 6pm onwards. 50-100 cars.
Attachments
Doddington.jpg
Midas in good company at a damp Doddington Hall
Doddington.jpg (127.43 KiB) Viewed 6376 times
streetsy

Re: Local meets

Postby kelvink » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:10 pm

Horsepower at the Hall looks to be worth going along to for anyone local....

Over 200 people now confirmed to attend. Should be a great morning with some great motors. There will be offerings of a trophy for the car named as Best in Show' and have a few nice prizes to raffle off, all in the name of charity.
kelvink

Postby Mtrike » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Jacks Cafe A45 Towcester on the coming Friday and every second Friday of the month. Starts 1700, food and drink available at the cafe. Loads of cars from modern Ferraris through AC Cobras ( real ones) Ford Pops and a very nice Midas!
Mtrike

Postby WelshMidas » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:55 pm

As I live in furthest West Wales(Pembrokeshire) it is difficult to get to meet other members at any local meets. I fully agree that we should show our fantastic cars at every opportunity. I try to get to as many mini shows / classic car shows as possible throughout the year. The picture above was taken at the Pembrokeshire Classic Car show last weekend. There were over 400 cars but ONLY one Midas. It drew a lot of interest. Next weekend we are at Beaulieu Mini Show.
WelshMidas

Postby kelvink » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Beaulieu is my neck of the woods. Long ways from Wales! I'll have to get some things sorted out and perhaps pop along too

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-even ... oper-rally

kelvink

Postby WelshMidas » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Spot the odd one out...just returned from the Beaulieu Mini Show...managed to get to the show very early and park front row...The Midas was easy to spot and drew a lot of interest...maybe this thread is not quite the place for this picture but it does show that the more shows/events we visit the more people get to see our wonderful little cars.
WelshMidas

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events