Open day, Sunday, July 19th 2015, Enstone

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Open day, Sunday, July 19th 2015, Enstone

Postby ACourtney » Fri May 29, 2015 10:11 am

I would like to extend the invitation to all Midas owners and enthusiasts to visit my workshop on Sunday, July 19th.

The Midas Owners Club will be providing a barbeque and I'll open up the doors around 11.00am.

Alistair
ACourtney

Re: Open day, Sunday, July 19th 2015, Enstone

Postby ACourtney » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:27 pm

It looks like the weather is going to be good tomorrow(fingers crossed), once the overnight rain has cleared that is.
So hopefully we should get another good line up of Midas cars for that all important photo shoot.

For those who haven't been before here is a repeat of some instructions I posted up some years ago:

If you are approaching from the North then you will probably be coming down the M40. You have the choice of turning off at Junction 11 or 10.
Junction 11 is for Banbury and you have to cross the town to take the A361, signposted for Chipping Norton. You will drive through Bloxham (birthplace of the XJ220) and past Hook Norton (what comes from there?) past the signs for the wildfowl sanctuary and then take the left turn onto the B4022. 3 miles later you will be skirting the western side of the airfield and take the left turn onto the B4030 sign posted to the Enstone Airfield Business Park. The Park is about a mile further down on the left.

If you are coming from the North East or East then you are likely to take the A43 to Junction 10 of the M40. Go straight over onto the B430, through Ardley and after about a mile take the right turn signposted to Upper Heyford. This takes you past the old USAF airfield into Upper Heyford village where you turn left. Follow the road onto the B4030, cross the A4260 at Hopcroft's Holt, and stay on the B4030 through Middle Barton, past the Lotus F1 team HQ, and as you pass through Gagingwell you will see the airfield to your right. Enter the gates about a mile further on.

If you are coming from the South East then you can stay on the M40 to Junction 10 as above, or leave at Junction 8 and follow the A40 to Oxford. Stay on the A40 around the north of Oxford until you get to the A44 roundabout. Take the A44 north signposted for Woodstock, continue through Woodstock and northwards until you get to Enstone. As you enter Enstone, there is a Texaco station on the left and then a right turn, signposted Airfield Industrial Complex. Take this right turn and then turn right again when you reach the B4030. The gate to the estate is about a mile down the B4030 on the left.

If you are coming from the South, you will most likely come up the A34, past Oxford. Turn off the A34 at the A44 junction, signposted Woodstock and follow the A44 as above.

If you are coming from the South West or West you have a few choices: Get on to the A34 from the M4 or A420 and follow the route mentioned above.
Take the A40 and either head for Stow on the Wold or Burford. The first route takes you along the Fosse way to Stow, where you take a right turn onto the A436 which takes you to the A44. Turn right for Chipping Norton and follow the A44 until you get to Enstone. As you enter Enstone there is a turning onto the B4030 on the left. Take this and follow the B4030 to the estate.
The second route takes you through Burford and onto the A361 for Chipping Norton. However, a couple of miles out of Burford you turn right onto the B4437 signposted for Charlbury. Follow the B4437 to Charlbury and around the village until you get to the junction with the B4022, signposted left for Enstone. Following the B4022 brings you to the A44 just north of the Texaco station. Dogleg right and then left to stay on the B4022 and follow the road to the B4030 junction, where you turn right and follow the B4030 to the estate entrance.

Finally, if you are coming from the North West, then you have the choice of taking the A44 from Evesham to Chipping Norton and follow the route outlined above, you can take the A3400 from Stratford-on-Avon, which blends onto the A44 to the east of Chipping Norton, or take the M40 to Junction 11 or 10.

All these are good Midas driving roads, particularly the A44 from Evesham and the A361-B4437 Burford to Charlbury routes.

Looking forward to a good day tomorrow, enjoy your Midas motoring.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby ACourtney » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 am

The weather was good and so was the turn out. We had 15 cars turn up and nearly 50 people there. The head count was one Mk2, four Mk3 Coupes, four Gold convertibles, four Mk4/Cortez coupes and two Excelsiors.

It was good to meet everybody. I tried my best to speak to everyone, but if I missed you and you have any unanswered questions please feel free to contact me. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Hopefully, Kelvin will post up some photos later.

Regards,
Alistair
ACourtney

Postby kelvink » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:30 am

Still trying to get down from the Bonfire pyre. If we get any more Midas cars showing up next year I may have to go airborne to fit everyone in!

So many people I barely managed to speak to properly. And many parts changed hands too I know several people went home with parts they weren't expecting to have in the back of their car for the return trips. I got home with an additional exhaust pipe in the back of my car having emptied it of a bonnet and a couple of Elise seats. Many thanks Neil for that I didn't get a chance to speak to you later on and settle up. Must make sure I do at the next club meet.

I trust everyone managed to get back home with their passengers as well as the extra parts.

Good to see so many new faces too and put faces to names from the forum here. Looks like the Midas marque could be getting back onto the scene with all these cars being restored and revived. Anyone looking for a Midas for sale there were 3 really really nice examples at the open day that were for sale.

Would be good if we can get some regional activities going on too as there's several owners that are pretty active in various car clubs that are scattered around the country . Great seeing the Midas inspiring people to get a GRP sports car that wont rust away.

Hopefully we did David proud. I think we did eventually I'm sure he'd have had us more efficiently organised but we did OK :-)
Last edited by kelvink on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kelvink

Postby kelvink » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:45 am

And 3 more....

I hope other folk got some good photos I didn't have any time to do any more what with Evie dragging me after people to scrounge sausages off and people to chat all too briefly with.
kelvink

Postby moon127 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Good to meet everyone yesterday and give David's old car a good long run, only our second drive of it since collecting then fixing the brakes.

Thanks for making Sophie and I welcome!

I'll keep everyone updated on my quest to get a new remote plip for the immobiliser and get it synced up.
moon127

Postby Jvr19630 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:37 pm

It was an excellent day yesterday. My daughter and myself thoroughly
enjoyed it and felt really welcomed
Thanks
Jvr19630

Postby Geoff Butcher » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:55 pm

A very enjoyable day despite getting lost on the way there and again on the way home, dammit! Thanks to Mr Plod for closing the A421. I hate Milton Keynes!
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Killerwhat » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks to everyone involved in putting this on. Richard, Alice and I had a lovely day enjoying the culmination of a weeks hard work, the barbecue and all your company. Q321UWP lives on !
Killerwhat

Postby benofbrum » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Kelvink wrote:So many people I barely managed to speak to properly. And many parts changed hands too I know several people went home with parts they weren't expecting to have in the back of their car for the return trips. I got home with an additional exhaust pipe in the back of my car having emptied it of a bonnet and a couple of Elise seats. Many thanks Neil for that I didn't get a chance to speak to you later on and settle up. Must make sure I do at the next club meet.

Help! How do I put the above quoted bit in a box?
No charge Kelvin. I just knew it was too good to throw away. Have now liberated a little more floor space
Neil
benofbrum

Next

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events