Kit car show and agm Stoneleigh

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Kit car show and agm Stoneleigh

Postby kelvink » Tue May 03, 2016 1:23 pm

I could only manage to one day this year so had to do a bit of a whirlwind run round the show and as usual missed lots of stands and cars.

What I did see quite clearly however is the fabulous work that people have been doing on their Midases. We all know of the superb jobs Justin and Richard have done on their respective cars (they look even better in the flesh) but so too have many of the other members. It was great seeing new people turning up on our little Midas patch of the show too.

Good to see everyone and I hope we can build on the fantastic work of the committee now that they are sadly stepping back and looking to hand over the reins to other members of the club.

What's next on the diary? Let's get out there and ferret out all these hidden gems
kelvink

Postby moss » Tue May 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi all thanks for the help sory about the short notice on the Monday with rain forecast for the afternoon it was decieded to take it down about 12.30pm many thanks again mike,niel and others
tony moss hon sec
moss

Postby fozzza » Tue May 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Just like to say, it was great to see the Midas club stand, cars and owners and have a chat to a few people and be able to put faces to the forum names. ( I wish I could have talked to everyone ). My only disappointment was I didn't bring my Midas with me, but I really enjoyed myself and like to thank everyone for welcoming me, it had been such a long time out of the Kit car scene ( 20 years ) I'm so glad to be back, I just need to pull my finger out and finish getting my car back on the road. :D
Roy
fozzza

Postby Jvr19630 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Nice to see everybody at the show too.
I also need to get my car back on the road. Onwards and upwards.
Jvr19630

Postby billybob » Thu May 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi all,

just to re-iterate what everyone is saying, it was good to meet the few that I did. I have also sold the Midas thanks to the show and also the guys that were there whilst I was walking about the show I think!

I encouraged the new owner to join up and handed him the form to join as well (that sadly I never filled out). One day when I have a garage, who knows I may even buy another (but I bet they will be bloody expensive by then!)......

It is definitely a much better place than ebay to do business though- I had up to 5 people seriously interested and a few more maybes...lucky for me it was nearby.

I did return to help with the Marquee but it was taken down early! Sorry I couldn't have helped out more, you're a decent bunch.
billybob

Previous

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events