Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Alternative Cars Open Day and Club BBQ 24th July

Postby Jin » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:08 am

Cheers guys :)
https://easywider.co.uk/ universal flexible wheel arch extensions
Jin

Postby Jin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Had a fantastic day folks, big thanks to all who made it happen, the venue, the food, the excellent company, all get top marks, such a friendly bunch of people, where else can you meet such nice like minded people?

Thanks once again, hope you all got home safely
https://easywider.co.uk/ universal flexible wheel arch extensions
Jin

Postby fozzza » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Just like to say a big thank you to Alistair, the Moc and owners for welcoming me to the open day, the only disappointment not being able to attend in my own Midas, so with camera already in hand I tried to take a group photo, not being able to zoom out enough I had to take it in two halves, I'm sorry, I'm no David Bailey.( It was a bit rickety standing on those pallets ) :lol:
Image62 by Roy Forrester, on Flickr
Image63 by Roy Forrester, on Flickr

Once again thank you to you all, had a great time, hopefully at the next gathering I will be with my Midas.
Roy
fozzza

Postby ACourtney » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:10 am

It was great to see so many Midas owners last Sunday. It was a shame that the rain decided to come just as we decided to do the photo shoot (two hours earlier than the Met office had forecast), but as can be seen it didn't dampen our enthusiasm.

Thanks for the photos Roy. Having climbed the pallets a couple of times in the past I know that it isn't the most stable platform for taking photos from. It is also harder to climb down from than to climb up as the pallets seem to want to follow you down!

Thanks must also go to Tony for organizing the barbeque equipment, my mum for organizing all the food and Jackie who took over cooking the food for us. We should also say get well soon to our usual chef Marie.
I should also thank Tony (again) and Mike for coming along on Saturday and helping to tidy up inside the workshop.

We've now got a whole month before any other events and then a busy September.
ACourtney

Postby max midas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:32 am

Likewise, it was good to meet lots of other Midas drivers and pick the brains of a few.
It was wonderful to get back in the driving seat after a couple of years on SORN, Midas passion re-ignited!
max midas

Postby kelvink » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:51 pm

I was rather attached to my dog and didn't really get to have a proper wander round people's cars and have a decent natter this time. There were indeed some very nicely looked after and restored cars. It's really good to see folk getting them out and on the roads.

I'll see what we can do down in the Wessex area to entice people out in their cars for some sharing tales and driving enjoyment. I posted a few days ago that there's a DEWS Downton meeting http://midasownersclub.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2621 just out of Salisbury in a week or two's time I'm going along to that and it would be great to see some Midas owners up there too.

Thank you to everyone who had some input on the day including the food wonderfully cooked and supplied along with Evie getting a surprise box of Bonios too for the trip home once we'd sorted out the puncture I'd picked up on the way up.

Wonderful folk in this club. Thank you all
kelvink

Postby moss » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:33 pm

hi all, just to thank all who helped at the BBQ Mrs Courtney for the food Jackie who helped with the cooking and all who made the effort to come and share the day
tony moss hon sec midas owners club
moss

Previous

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events