Haynes Rare Breeds 100 - Sunday 4th September

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Haynes Rare Breeds 100 - Sunday 4th September

Postby ACourtney » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:59 am

The next club event is at the Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford, Somerset. This has become a popular event for Midas owners in the South and South West and we usually get around half a dozen cars attending.

ImageLine up2015 -2 by Alistair Courtney, on Flickr

The Museum is easily accessible from the A303 and A37 and draws a wide range of interesting cars. If you register in advance - At http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/events ... ds-100.php - you will be one of the 100 cars parked to the front of the museum and you can take part in the parade laps around the museums short circuit. The £15 fee includes entry into the museum, plus a bacon butty and a mug of tea. or coffee, when you arrive.
Alternatively, you can just show up on the day and park in the Rare Breeds car park to the side of the museum.

The club contacts on the day will be our Hon. Treasurer, Michael Horsley - treasurer@midasownersclub.co.uk and our Club Secretary, Tony Moss - secretary@midasownersclub.co.uk
ACourtney

Re: Haynes Rare Breeds 100 - Sunday 4th September

Postby cortezkeeper » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:35 pm

As I cannot arrive at Haynes until about 10 a.m. (clash of interests - have to be elsewhere first) I will not be in the prime display area but in the public car park. Still chance to have good Midas display as in previous years even though not in the main even, so come and join me !
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Postby max midas » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:23 pm

I may be able to make this, but don't have a Midas in anything like showroom condition, so would probably be best in public car park presumably.
max midas

Postby cortezkeeper » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:49 pm

Max, Showroom condition has never been a strong point with me ! You show me yours and I'll show you mine ! Hope to see you at Haynes.
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Postby streetsy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:03 pm

max midas wrote:I may be able to make this, but don't have a Midas in anything like showroom condition, so would probably be best in public car park presumably.

Condition is merely a state of mind, if it makes you smile that's all that matters. My Midas daily drive has half of the paint missing but I'd still rather drive that than some blend in run of the mill car and it gets more comments than my gaffers M4 from anyone visiting our works.
streetsy

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:10 pm

If it can get there it's in good condition! 8-)
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby kelvink » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:10 pm

I was hoping to get along to this, especially given it's not far and a good excuse to take the Midas on some great country roads en route. Unfortunately my brake calipers are weeping slightly it seems discovered when I found I had no brakes on a jaunt out. (fortunately I tend to warm the car up gently over a few miles when I set off in it so I didn't go hurtling into a hedge when I found the lack of stopping power)

I ordered a repair kit and was asked if I wanted some pistons as well so I thought given the rarity of Metros these days it might be wise to have them too. Anyways it seems that the pistons are in rare supply and has held up my repair kit being delivered resulting in having a non stop Midas till Monday now at the earliest :(
kelvink

Postby max midas » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:28 pm

sorry, it's official I won't be there.
With 2nd born only 8 days old and doting gran visiting, there's no chance of escape!
max midas

Postby fozzza » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:27 am

max midas wrote:sorry, it's official I won't be there.
With 2nd born only 8 days old and doting gran visiting, there's no chance of escape!

Sorry to diverse from this post but I believe congratulations are in order. Even though we love our little cars, family does still come first.
Roy
fozzza

Postby max midas » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:50 pm

cheers :D
max midas

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events