Mini Cooper Register Rally

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Mini Cooper Register Rally

Postby axshack » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi all, I was speaking to the Mini Cooper Register Rally organiser today who said that we are more than welcome to join them for their annual rally at Beaulieu, 11 June starting at 8am

If we have enough Midas owners he will even reserve a space for our cars to park together!! This means that all Midas cars would need to arrive at the same time though!

Anyway, tickets can be bought here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/mini- ... ter-rally/

Early tickets are £11 each and include entry to the entire Beaulieu facilities. There is very strong following for this meeting with some 3500 mini owners showing up and they have an 85 strong exhibitor AutoJumble as well....sounds like a bargain!

If you intend to show up for this please do let me know and I will make a club entry request and all we have to do then is rendezvous nearby at a specific time to make our entry in splendid Midas form! :D

Dave
axshack

Re: Mini Cooper Register Rally

Postby Stuart » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:40 pm

Nice work Dave. I went to the show in my early days of Midas ownership nearly 30 years ago, it was a really good show. Sorry to say I doubt I'll be going this year.
Stuart

Postby kelvink » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Well done Dave. This has been on my radar too. Meredith has been along to it a few times with his Midas too.
kelvink

Postby WelshMidas » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:59 pm

Very interesting...I had already put it on my planner for this year again. It's a great show. My little white Mk 2 has been very lonely there for the past 3 years...Let's go for it this year again. Meredith.
WelshMidas

Postby axshack » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Well, that looks like 2 probables, and 1 possible so far.
I will definitely be going, as will Meredith I think. Kelvin are you in?

Dave
axshack

Postby kelvink » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Yep, unless something unavoidable happens I've been meaning to get along to this several times before. I tend to go to Beaulie at least once a year with something or other would be great to go in the Midas this time
kelvink

Postby fozzza » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi Dave.

You definitely wont be on your own, I've just purchased my tickets. The wife and I will be going down in our MK2 :) . I have meant to visit Beaulieu again for many years and for £11 each, that's great value anyway, and what better way to get there than in my Midas. Because it would be a bit of a trek traveling from the West Midlands area just for one day, we have decided to make a long weekend of it and stay in the nearby area for a few nights and probably visit one of our favourite haunts Southsea/Portsmouth.
Closer to the time let me know a rendezvous place and time as it would be a good sight for all the Midas to arrive in formation. :D

Regards Roy
Roy
fozzza

Postby axshack » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Roy, will do.

As the organiser said....minority marque cars or regional Mini Cooper clubs wanting to park together MUST arrive at the same time.

So, I will find a suitable R/V point and time and hopefully we can all make it....of course, once we are inside, with enough cars to make a quorum I guess we can spread out a bit to cater for late comers !!
Dave
axshack

Postby axshack » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:11 am

I am going to make a club reservation for 6 cars at this event. Any late entries let me know asap please so I can amend the request.

Recommend we rendezvous at 0800 on Sunday 11 June at: THE ROYAL OAK just outside the village of Beaulieu

Directions from Southampton – follow signs to Exbury Gardens and you will find the pub directly in front of you as you reach Exbury Road.

Address:
The Royal Oak, Hilltop Beaulieu, SO42 7YR

Then we can travel in convoy to ensure we get all our cars on the pitch reserved for us.

Cheers
Dave
axshack

Postby fozzza » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:52 pm

That's great Dave.

Meet you at The Royal Oak then.

Regards Roy.
Roy
fozzza

Next

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events