Practical Classics Show, 27-29 March, NEC Birmingham

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Practical Classics Show, 27-29 March, NEC Birmingham

Postby ACourtney » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:09 pm

The club has a stand booked for the Practical Classics, Classic Car and Restoration Show, with Discovery (to give it its rather full name) and we have arranged to borrow some very tidy examples of the Midas marque and one slightly less tidy example - it is meant to be a Restoration Show!

The Practical Classics show (I'm not typing all that lot again!) is smaller than the November Classic Motor Show, but probably the better for it. There will be plenty of trade stands selling spares, tools, etc, but fewer car dealers selling classic cars.

As usual we could do with some help to man the stand and as all the helpers who have attended our previous shows will attest, this is a damn good way of seeing the show for free. Yes, the club will provide the entry pass and a buffet lunch and all you need to do is help man the stand for a few hours, talking to visitors and keeping an eye on things, leaving you with plenty of time to look around the show. So if you fancy helping out on the club stand then please contact me at pcshow@midasownersclub.co.uk

If you don't fancy helping out, but still want to visit the show then keep an eye out for the discount code in the monthly club newsletters.
ACourtney

New Date: Practical Classics Show, 7-9 August, NEC Birmingha

Postby ACourtney » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:35 am

The organisers have set a new date for the show: 7th to 9th of August. I fear that this date may be a little too soon and still be at risk of further postponement/cancellation.
However, if things do get back to normal and the show does go ahead, then the Midas Owners Club will attend and fill a stand with some really good examples of the marque.

I will keep this updated as and when any more news comes in.
ACourtney

Re: Practical Classics Show, Now cancelled for 2020

Postby ACourtney » Fri May 29, 2020 9:43 am

The organisers have now cancelled 2020's show and are talking about the date for next year's show.
They are the same company who run the Classic Motor Show in November and that appears to be going ahead as scheduled (so far anyway).
ACourtney

Re: Practical Classics Show, Now cancelled for 2020

Postby fozzza » Fri May 29, 2020 1:27 pm

ACourtney wrote:The organisers have now cancelled 2020's show and are talking about the date for next year's show.
They are the same company who run the Classic Motor Show in November and that appears to be going ahead as scheduled (so far anyway).

It makes sense. I will also be surprised if your factory open day goes ahead even though it is mainly an outdoor event with smaller numbers. :(
Roy
fozzza

Re: Practical Classics Show, 27-29 March, NEC Birmingham

Postby benofbrum » Fri May 29, 2020 7:54 pm

new dates were announced on Wednesday 26th to 28th March 2021
benofbrum

Return to Midas Owners Club meets and events