Setting toe in/out??

Please use this forum to detail how to do various tricky jobs on your Midas.
Your endeavours may help others following your path in the future. Tip.... Photos/Pictures speak a thousand words. Midas related FAQs are also in here.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Setting toe in/out??

Postby gooseman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:58 pm

My front tires are wearing on the outside edges and i believe its due to the toe setting...is there a quick & dirty way to check this setting???
Im sure if i go to an alignment shop they will be overwhelmed with the Midas being used to run of the mill american & jap cars...thanks, jim
gooseman

Re: Setting toe in/out??

Postby manifold » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi Jim

if its scrubbing on the outside (wheels pointing inwards), the tracking needs adjusting so that the steering arms are shorter. Opposite can be said if its scrubbing on the inside. Either that or worn bushes or ball joints somewhere.

You will find that the steering wheel will feel easier to steer when its set up right.

Some people use a string to check tracking. From front to front. Rear to rear of tyre to measure correction.

Kind regards,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to How to Guides & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)