Gordon Murray's Midas Alfa

Here you can find and download pdf files of the Midas forum magazine

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Gordon Murray's Midas Alfa

Postby ACourtney » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:36 pm

This article was originally published in the club's Joint magazine in the spring of 2019. I had had the good fortune to be invited to the Gordon Murray One Formula exhibition in November 2017, where I saw the car close up for the first time and thanks to my contact at GMD, I was able to get closer to it than most visitors. I also had the opportunity to talk to Gordon Murray about the car and he was extremely enthusiastic about it, planning to use it as one of his daily drives.
The following year, Gordon was kind enough to lend the car for the club's stand at the NEC Classic Car Show. I collected it from Gordon Murray Design in my covered trailer and met Gordon again as he happened to be passing through reception just as I arrived. He was even more enthusiastic about the car, now having driven it in a fully sorted form. I took it directly to the NEC where we mounted it up on ramps so that people could get a good look all over the car. Needless to say the car was well received.

The Gordon Murray Midas-Alfa.pdf
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 1337 times

The only thing not covered in my article was the interior. Interestingly, the car featured a Mk3 'Rover 216' dash and carbon fibre Tillett kart seats. The latter to accommodate Gordon's height

ImageMidas Alfa Interior by Alistair Courtney, on Flickr
ACourtney

Re: Gordon Murray's Midas Alfa

Postby PerS » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:23 pm

Thank You Alistair,

Always nice to read about Midas Cars, and this one is special for sure.

PerS
PerS

Postby madmax83 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:47 pm

Great article!
madmax83

Postby Stuart » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:31 am

madmax83 wrote:Great article!

Hopefully I won't have to keep approving your posts now you've got to 10, I did look to try and amend that setting but couldn't find it and I don't know who set it up in the first place.
Stuart

Postby madmax83 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:15 pm

Thanks, however it was a genuine post. Even shared it with a friend who thinks I’m nuts for wanting one. But he likes Murray so it received some cred. But yes, now I can respond to PM’s I’ve received.
madmax83

Postby Stuart » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:39 pm

madmax83 wrote:Thanks, however it was a genuine post. Even shared it with a friend who thinks I’m nuts for wanting one. But he likes Murray so it received some cred. But yes, now I can respond to PM’s I’ve received.

It never even crossed my mind that your post wasn't genuine. I was also guessing it was set to 10, I need to take another look to see if I can find the setting, although having said that sadly Facebook seems to have all but made the forum redundant.
Stuart

Postby madmax83 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:44 pm

I was just making sure :) Yes, facebook has killed forums, where one could search through years of information. That information can have also come from folks who are no longer with us :/ Thanks for the roll you are taking, helps to keep forums alive!
madmax83

Return to Midas forum magazine