What fuel are you running on?

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

What fuel are you running on?

Postby DavidL » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Has anyone converted a carburetted A series to run on LPG?
DavidL

Re: What fuel are you running on?

Postby manifold » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:53 pm

i've run one in the past. I have a kit which is currently stored away. Sausage tank.fuel feed ring for back of su. vaporiser and solenoid etc.

Question is why do it? Its a quite a bit of cash to spend. Small engine returns on investment are not as great....however going green credentials are! Oil won't need changing as much as its a clean burn, meaning no unburnt fuel passing the rings.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby DavidL » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:03 am

The carrot of reduced running costs, really, although admittedly since I've limited myself to 5000 miles a year for insurance purposes, it wouldn't be cost effective. What did it cost you to convert, and was it easy to set up?
DavidL

Postby manifold » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 am

Yes it's easy to set up. Takes a couple of evenings to fit. Some decisions like where to put the fuel filler. Cost to me in kit form was about £300 a couple of years ago.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to Miscellaneous