New rotor arm

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: New rotor arm

Postby DavidL » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:42 am

manifold wrote:Ok. With this eBay item for megasquirt it will work with a series engines. You will need to source a trigger wheel (or make your own) vr sensor and bracket, ford solid state coil and an edis module, however the megasquirt can be reconfigured to fire direct to coil (ie without edis module) unlike the mega jolt which needs the edis module. In addition you will need to get the plugs to connect coil etcI have a curve to suit the a series to get you started.

This item is good as it even includes the relay board which makes it dead easy to wire in.

Thanks David, I'll keep watching it, might go for it if it doesn't go up too much. It's also close enough for me to collect for less than his postage and packing charges would cost...
DavidL

Postby DavidL » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 pm

manifold wrote:Ok. With this eBay item for megasquirt it will work with a series engines. You will need to source a trigger wheel (or make your own) vr sensor and bracket, ford solid state coil and an edis module, however the megasquirt can be reconfigured to fire direct to coil (ie without edis module) unlike the mega jolt which needs the edis module. In addition you will need to get the plugs to connect coil etcI have a curve to suit the a series to get you started.

This item is good as it even includes the relay board which makes it dead easy to wire in.

David, sorry to be a pain, but there's another piece of advice I'm after regarding this Megasquirt on eBay, which is; have you a rough idea how much this could be worth? I don't want to fall into a bidding frenzy and end up paying over the odds for it!
DavidL

Postby manifold » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Around the £200 mark probably, as it's got the relay box and the connecting cable between relay and Megasquirt. You can run them without the relay board but both of mine use it as its easier to wire up and fault find.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby DavidL » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 pm

manifold wrote:Around the £200 mark probably, as it's got the relay box and the connecting cable between relay and Megasquirt. You can run them without the relay board but both of mine use it as its easier to wire up and fault find.

Thanks David, 3 hours to go, it's currently at £155. My Paypal finger is twitching...
DavidL

Postby manifold » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Sorry, Just noticed its the v2.2 board so worth slighty less. I'd have said about £175 for a v2.2. Around £200 for a v3 board.

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby DavidL » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:38 pm

manifold wrote:Sorry, Just noticed its the v2.2 board so worth slighty less. I'd have said about £175 for a v2.2. Around £200 for a v3 board.

OK thanks, got that in mind now.

How does the v3 improve on the v2.2? I'll see if I can find that out myself now, it still has an hour to run...

...ah. The v3 does seem to have a lot of advantages over the v2.2. I think I'll let his one go; hopefully by the time a v3 becomes available, I may be more able to afford one!
DavidL

Postby manifold » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Yes the v3 is better. It's what I have. Option to use faster processor or upgrade to 3x etc.

manifold

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous