Looks dead to me

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Looks dead to me

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 am

Found this one on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/homer----s ... otostream/

Seems to be a breakers yard somewhere in England, seems to be a never registered car. Anyone to the rescue? Just a litle TLC.
Hans Efde

Re: Looks dead to me

Postby Stuart » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:21 am

No I'm sure I saw its bonnet twitch, I've already got two just like that, although it looks like a nice place for a holiday, hmm

http://goo.gl/maps/jYHj
Stuart

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:08 pm

I've seen worse restoration projects

http://www.rochdaleproject.co.uk/page_1 ... 09629.html
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

x

Postby kynastonp » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:28 pm

x
Last edited by kynastonp on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kynastonp

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:38 pm

kynastonp wrote:Car is in the side of a garage in Llanidloes WALES just off the A470 ,The garage sells TATA trucks and has a scrap yard for old cars at the side.
The owner took the car in payment of a debt and when I last spoke to him he intended to put it on ebay and thought it would fetch at least £500 .
It looks as though the car has been on the road (number plate screw holes) there is a front and rear subframe both very very rusty ,a pedal box ,no bumpers all the trim is missing and there is about 9 inches of leaf mould inside the car .I could not see any chassis plate or any numberto identify the car, there is cracking to the gelcoat in several areas .What I would class as in need of a long time in a HDU and need an enormous outlay on parts . :)

If the owner still has the license plates, s/n plate under the bonnet and paperwork, this car could be useful for an still unregistered Bronze (these come occasionally for sale on Ebay). It's the only way to get past the SVA with an old-new Midas these days. But if the identity of this car can not be traced I think it's worth nothing. Perhaps he could have a few good pics of it made (or even a painting) buy a famous photographer and sell these. I suppose he would fetch more. I mean, if someone pays 4000usd for a boring picture of the Rhein:
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_ ... ID=5496716

a picture of this sleeping beauty would be worth tens of thousands!
Hans Efde

Postby Moneypit » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:32 pm

Hans Efde wrote:
kynastonp wrote:Car is in the side of a garage in Llanidloes WALES just off the A470 ,The garage sells TATA trucks and has a scrap yard for old cars at the side.
The owner took the car in payment of a debt and when I last spoke to him he intended to put it on ebay and thought it would fetch at least £500 .
It looks as though the car has been on the road (number plate screw holes) there is a front and rear subframe both very very rusty ,a pedal box ,no bumpers all the trim is missing and there is about 9 inches of leaf mould inside the car .I could not see any chassis plate or any numberto identify the car, there is cracking to the gelcoat in several areas .What I would class as in need of a long time in a HDU and need an enormous outlay on parts . :)

If the owner still has the license plates, s/n plate under the bonnet and paperwork, this car could be useful for an still unregistered Bronze (these come occasionally for sale on Ebay). It's the only way to get past the SVA with an old-new Midas these days. But if the identity of this car can not be traced I think it's worth nothing. Perhaps he could have a few good pics of it made (or even a painting) buy a famous photographer and sell these. I suppose he would fetch more. I mean, if someone pays 4000usd for a boring picture of the Rhein:
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_ ... ID=5496716

a picture of this sleeping beauty would be worth tens of thousands!

Yep!That sure is a boring picture,and looks very dead to me! Though I'm sure the experts would tell us of all the hidden beauty that we mere mortals cannot expect to see!
Moneypit

Postby madwelshman » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 pm

I passed the garage yesterday, they've had a bit of a sort out there now and the shell is now stacked on top of another car and they all look like they're waiting for the scrap man to come and take the whole lot away. If anyone is interested in this, now's the time to act I think.

Will
madwelshman

Looks dead to me

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Ask him how much he wants for it next time you pass please I could make a play den for the kids out of it
b1zbaz

Postby madwelshman » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:01 pm

I don't get up that area very often, but if I do fairly soon, then by all means I'll stop and ask.
madwelshman

Postby rocketron » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 pm

i think the Garage is called Dolwen Garage, on the A470, tel no 01686 412 185. Someone please hurry!
rocketron

Return to Mk 1