Midas Coupe FNT 349V

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Coupe FNT 349V

Postby limjamrace » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Have posted about this Midas on the New comers thread but thought i would have a mention on here as well.

Read in another post that this may be the first model or number 4!
Or a car that was written off in Wales..Well it cetainly isn't as it is in my unit awaiting inspection and a WTG situation.
More details on my facebook page "Llewellyn Imp Motorsport!

David L.
limjamrace

Re: Midas Coupe FNT 349V

Postby kelvink » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:58 am

I was going to suggest it might be good to have your own thread about this car.

I'm also seriously looking at using mine for track events and i know there's a couple of other Midas owners who are doing the same. I'm making some lightweight seats for mine as the seats in a Midas have never been right to me. Also changing the dash to better position the steering column and I'll do something with the pedals too.

What's "WTG" by the way? all I can think of is either Walk The Goldfish (not going to really work) or Wake The Girlfriend (just as perilous as the goldfish walking)
kelvink

Postby Geoff Butcher » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Way to go? :?:
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby limjamrace » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 am

Yes it means, "Way to go"!

Even at 61 years old/young these teenage text short cuts rub off on me.

BTW we picked up another re-home GSD today from up North!
That means my girlfriend and myself stand at 2 - 2 ..Thankfully not all in my narrowboat!

The Ford truck has now gone as seen from my visit to the unit after the German Shepherd Dog group walk on Saturday ,so tomorrow will see the Midas joining the Singer Chamois Sport and another 1970's Imp off the ground for a recce for things to do.
I was going to say this is a golden age for me ,but my Midas is a Mk 1 Coupe.lol
With picking up another GSD and CFC winning at home this afternoon i'm certainly a happy guy.
So is my girlfriend..She is great she wants to sort ,clean all my vast collection of fasteners at work and organise the storage of the mass of tut.

I've been going through the thread of the other guy who is restoring a Mk 1 ..Up to page 5 so far..
I spent years trying to enhance the Imp scene into competition in a low cost basis..During the 1990's we had a good thing going with the Hillclimb & Sprint Association..
Will certainly do a thread to encourage the same in my new Midas enthusism.
Thanks for the replies to my posts by the way!
limjamrace

Postby limjamrace » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:31 am

Many of you will have seen and be aware of my Midas Mk 1 which has now been sold on .

Had some information about the history and it is suggested that it was the forth one built.

First two were prototypes with chassis plates starting with XP..

Then there was 10000 which i have read on here somewhere is under restoration.

My Midas(ex) is no 10001 which was said to be written off in Wales but is certainly not so..Unless somewhere along the line has been rebodied and the plate placed on its replacement(?)

Latest information is that 10000 was written off not 10001!!

Anyone with more ideas and certainty!!

Missing my car already as it really is my time of motor vehicle.. and it hasn't even left the premises yet Still the reason for sale is genuine and actually unavoidable..
limjamrace

Postby b1zbaz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:24 am

Hi mate I had to sell my mk3 coupe due to work being up and down I really feel for you having to sell keep your chin up mate I'm gonna be buying another next year
b1zbaz

Postby limjamrace » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:14 pm

b1zbaz wrote:Hi mate I had to sell my mk3 coupe due to work being up and down I really feel for you having to sell keep your chin up mate I'm gonna be buying another next year

Thanks for the encouragement Bizbas..
Don't think i could achieve such an unique Midas again though..I still have THE family heirloom automobile ..a Mk 1 cortina owned from new back in 1965 by my late Father so i shall resign myself into getting that back on the road..That car is going no where and instructions have been made to have it buried next to me..
limjamrace

Postby Eric10 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 am

Hello everyone.
I know I'm coming to this post a bit late but this was my car back in the early 80s. Originally the car had been written off by its first owner who was the landlord of a pub in Abermule. The car that was written off had a red shell but it was reshelled and rebuilt into a new white shell, although I believe that somebody also rebuilt the red shell as well. So as long as the one under discussion here has a white gel coat shell then it's good, if it's red I've never seen it but was advise by Harold Dermott not to touch it with a barge pole!
When I had it she was fitted with a half race 999cc Cooper S engine with straight cut gearbox and flew. Although one of the things that flew was the bonnet which relied on self tappers into fibreglass to retain it (factory designed that way - not me) so I hope by now she's had a new one. Before I sold her that engine and box was replaced by a 1275 standard unit from an Austin 1300 GT.
Unfortunately she had to go due to a growing family.
Yesterday morning I started off on the DVLA site asking if she was currently taxed or MOT'd, which I now know she hasn't been since 2009. Then I discovered this site.
If anyone wants more info please get in touch and if the present owner reads this and is interested in selling I'd certainly like first refusal.
Eric
Eric10

Postby benofbrum » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Latest information is that 10000 was written off not 10001!!

10000 is alive and kicking and living in Birmingham, and also known as JEH 448V. While it needs a whole lot of little jobs doing on it, it passed its MOT with no advisories a few months ago and is running OK. It has a 1275 engine of unknown ( to me) parentage. it is white, has been re-sprayed, but white gelcoat underneath.
benofbrum

Postby Eric10 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi, Do you know why she had her registration number changed? Just curious. Thanks
Eric10

Next

Return to Mk 1