Mk1

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Mk1

Postby grumpy_old_blue » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 pm

JPD 624V
Chassis no D10004 - Red

This was first registered on the 23/5/1980 and I think that we took delivery some time in Oct 1979. I have paperwork that shows that it should have been delivered on the 9th June but bad weather had delayed the testing and they were having problems with suppliers. We paid the balance for the car in the middle of September and as I said I think we took deliver in Oct that year.

I used my sisters old 850 mini for the bits and pieces. I followed Vizard's gas flowing tips on the head but didn't get the balance right and it regularly burnt out valves etc, but it had great acceleration and made the Midas a really great car to drive around.

It eventually wasn't worth repairing the engine any more and lack of money meant I took it off the road always meaning to put it back but lack of time, family etc meant it hasn't made it yet but this year is our year.

I had more paperwork but it has gone missing over the years. I remember having a list sheet with the components that made up the Mk1, 126 windscreen, tr7 rear lights etc, but I can't find it. Would be useful now.

Steve
grumpy_old_blue

Re: Mk1

Postby Rich » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:30 am

Welcome to the forum Steve,

You might find some useful documentation here... http://midas.orba-design.com/

Rich
;)
Rich

Re: Mk1

Postby grumpy_old_blue » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks Rich