Gold Assaulted!

Get advice on painting and polishing your Midas, and making those all important repairs to that precious shell! Got an idea on Styling?

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Gold Assaulted!

Postby axshack » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:56 am

Recently my car was backed into which badly damaged the front bumper :(
The Cibie lamps were destroyed in the process, so I had to sort out replacements.

This is my solution: Cold air intake funnels with 60mm projector lamps inserted. This allows the air intake to continue to function and provides extra main beam lamps as before.

What do you think?
Attachments
IMG_0144.jpeg
IMG_0144.jpeg (122.72 KiB) Viewed 9462 times
axshack

Re: Gold Assaulted!

Postby fozzza » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:59 pm

Looks very smart Dave, and also complements your headlights. I also like your grill, so much better than the original one. Where did you get that made, I wouldn't mind one on my Mk3.
Roy
fozzza

Postby axshack » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:07 am

Hi Roy, I got the stainless steel chequer grille material from Car Builder Solutions (I think) and a mate welded the edging for me!
I also got the air intakes and projector lamps from them. They are my go to source of bits to keep my updating programme going !!

I will have a dig around because I am sure I have some of the chequer left over. I will let you know. You can have it if I can find it !!
axshack

Postby axshack » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:20 pm

latest view of repair to the bumper.
I had to replace the Metro indicator lamps for something more modern (Thanks Hans for pointing that out)

As you can see still in primer as I still have to put a new gel coat on before taking it to the printshop
Attachments
IMG_0198.jpeg
IMG_0198.jpeg (217.8 KiB) Viewed 8014 times
axshack

Postby axshack » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:03 pm

Hi folks, been MIA here for months, but now back among the living!!
My Gold is going to the wrappers later this month (at last) to finish the job off I will need either a pair of replacement MIDAS badges (front and rear) or a Vector graphic file that the wrappers can use to reproduce some badges.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Dave
axshack

Return to Paint, Detailing, Bodywork and Styling