MK2 INNER REAR WHEEL TUB COVERS

Get advice on painting and polishing your Midas, and making those all important repairs to that precious shell! Got an idea on Styling?

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

MK2 INNER REAR WHEEL TUB COVERS

Postby d.woodspeed » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:59 am

I'm referring to the grey leathergrain effect trim covers which cover the fuel pipe/wheel tub on offside and the wheel tub on the nearside. Mine came loose in the car with no obvious way to fit them, concealed or otherwise. I would like to avoid self tappers/adhesive if possible, and would like them to be easily removeable, but firmly fixed.

How is it done on your cars or any suggestions please?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies,

Dave.
d.woodspeed

Re: MK2 INNER REAR WHEEL TUB COVERS

Postby manifold » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

velcro or bonded prestuds.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby mikeeskriett » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Mine were half attached with rotten self tappers. I you put them back with stainless srews with a dob of vas on them they are much easier to remove and the vas comes off easily if you get it on the carpet.

I guess you could fashion some sort of bracket off the strut top and use some half turn fasteners to hold it on something like the clips used on Mini water shields.

cheers,

Mike
mikeeskriett

Postby d.woodspeed » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks Mike and Manifold, useful suggestions, I'll update you when I finally get rid of all the old bits of carpet and replace it!!!

Regards, D.
d.woodspeed

Return to Paint, Detailing, Bodywork and Styling