Indicator repeater lamps for a Mk 3

Get advice on painting and polishing your Midas, and making those all important repairs to that precious shell! Got an idea on Styling?

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Indicator repeater lamps for a Mk 3

Postby DavidL » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:14 pm

manifold wrote:don't forget you will need the bulb units too.... check if they come with them.

I'm on the case with that one. There's also a used pair of clear ones on eBay which might come complete with holders, I've asked the seller.

I just had the feeling that those two sets (the clear and the amber) would be bare lens units, but I reckon a used pair might just have been pulled off a car complete - I hope so anyway, and I have my fingers crossed!
DavidL

Postby DavidL » Tue May 01, 2012 10:39 am

faceofdoh wrote:
manifold wrote:don't forget you will need the bulb units too.... check if they come with them.

I'm on the case with that one. There's also a used pair of clear ones on eBay which might come complete with holders, I've asked the seller.

I just had the feeling that those two sets (the clear and the amber) would be bare lens units, but I reckon a used pair might just have been pulled off a car complete - I hope so anyway, and I have my fingers crossed!

...and it turns out I was wrong, even these used ones are without bulb holders. Almost tempted at £2.99 for the pair, if only they'd been amber... :roll:
DavidL

Postby b1zbaz » Tue May 01, 2012 8:59 pm

rover 100 ones from my local scrapyard with bulb holders are very cheap my mate used some off a motorbike on his hillman imp which were very smart i want some mirrors for mine
b1zbaz

Postby Hans Efde » Mon May 07, 2012 10:27 am

I just got a message from Serge that his white indicator repeaters were from a Mercedes A-class.
Hans Efde

Postby DavidL » Mon May 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Hans Efde wrote:I just got a message from Serge that his white indicator repeaters were from a Mercedes A-class.

Thanks Hans. I've been looking at indicator repeaters on almost every car which I pass (or which passes me!) on the road for a while now. Oval ones like those seem to be used on quite a few cars, although now the trend seems to be for the repeaters to be part of the mirror unit - fine for visibility, but the mirror is often the first thing to go in a collision...
DavidL

Previous

Return to Paint, Detailing, Bodywork and Styling