Spray paint

Get advice on painting and polishing your Midas, and making those all important repairs to that precious shell! Got an idea on Styling?

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Spray paint

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi all hope you had a nice Christmas just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction in matching the colour to spray my rear bumper and number plate light I just wanna do a few little jobs whilst I'm off work to tart the mean machine up a little but I'm stuck dead where to start its in the original gel coat but the front bumper is also blue gel coat but a different colour
b1zbaz

Re: Spray paint

Postby Stuart » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:25 pm

It'll be a standard RAL colour, however fading could prevent you getting a perfect match as standard without mixing up a perfect colour match.

http://www.ralcolor.com/
Stuart

Re: Spray paint

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 pm

The gelcoats were not produced according to a RAL number. I had the same problem and found a paint shop with a very experienced painter. He was able to match a color to the gelcoat by eye, something that usually goes wrong. His first attempt failed, but the second attempt was spot on. We first tried to use a color scanner, but it seems they don't work with gelcoats.
Hans Efde

Return to Paint, Detailing, Bodywork and Styling