Rear opening windows

Get advice on painting and polishing your Midas, and making those all important repairs to that precious shell! Got an idea on Styling?

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Rear opening windows

Postby Alan D. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Hello all,

I noticed on the front cover of TGT61 that the prototype Mk 1 had rear opening windows, i thought that this must be a boon to ventilating the Mks 1,2 and 3 coupes. Here's a link to get someone started with the idea. I've stolen it from the Metropower site, from their "How to guides"

http://www.metropower.co.uk/portal/defa ... 49&mnu=249

Thanks to the Metropower site!

David, just a thought, maybe we should have a How to guide. Hans did it on his site, in a small way maybe we should expand it. After all our body shells are now going on to the second and third sets of owners and these modifications should be easily found in a specific section rather than trawling the whole forum.

Anybody have any further thoughts

Alan

Alan
Alan D.

Re: Rear opening windows and How to Guides

Postby manifold » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:53 am

Alan,

Sounds like a good idea to me...... Consider it done.

Anything to easy the process for others must be a good idea. Theres plenty of info from the old Midas Club mags
that could be typed up and put on the forum (any volunteers?), plus any current and future contributions are more than welcome.
Saves re-inventing the wheel and all that.

I've put one under the Technical Forum Category..... Heading... 'How to Guides'.

Once a subject has been developed I can make it into a sticky.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Rear opening windows

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 am

In issue 56 of TGT you'll see pics of Serge van Geffens rear quarter opening windows on his black mk3. He used Daihatsu hinges and lock and had 2 new windows made with 3 holes in them. I believe Harold also used hinges from a Japanese car, but dropped the idea on production cars due to the costs.
Cheers, Hans
Hans Efde

Return to Paint, Detailing, Bodywork and Styling