gold coupe door mirror

Get advice on painting and polishing your Midas, and making those all important repairs to that precious shell! Got an idea on Styling?

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

gold coupe door mirror

Postby paulr » Wed May 26, 2010 7:25 am

2 weeks into ownership- one thing we have found we cannot make the passenger door mirror adjust far enough to give view down left side of car - is this a standard problem and fixable or is it something we have to put up with ?

thanks

ps on same vein do other owners mount their rear view mirror at top of windscreen where rear view is limited (might not matter so much if passenger mirror ok ) or has anyone mounted it at bottom of screen and if so was that much better?
paulr

Re: gold coupe door mirror

Postby Hans Efde » Wed May 26, 2010 9:52 am

The problem with the Renault 14 mirrors is common. I think it has to do with the fact they were never designed for RHD cars. You can solve it by putting a small plate between the mirror and the door at the rear edge of the mirror, so it tilts a little bit outwards. A few mm's is enough. Alternatively buy other mirrors, many Gold owners have done so.
For the rear view mirror I stuck it about 5cm from the top edge of the windscreen. But obviously the perfect position depends on your seats and geometry. If you find it better to put a mirror on the dasboard, noone will stop you doing it.
I am just 173cm tall/small and like my seats as close to the floor as possible. So I removed the subframes and used a few strips of steel to bolt the seats to the runners. Perfect for headroom. I think you are sitting much higher, therefore needing a different position of the mirror.
Hans Efde

Return to Paint, Detailing, Bodywork and Styling