Decathlon coming alive

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Decathlon coming alive

Postby Inim666 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:35 pm

As a few of you know I swapped my 91 cooper with my brother in law (minisprint) for the gem of a midas decathlon
So here goes a few pics of it

The car when I first set eyes on it 3 years ago
https://flic.kr/p/CVp5mL

And a few of now
[https://flic.kr/p/C8s4o5][/img]

This is the only carpet in the car

That's all I have for now but will keep you posted
Last edited by Inim666 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inim666

Re: Decathlon coming alive

Postby Stuart » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:45 pm

The photos don't show. Is it possible to embed Flickr photos anyone?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139340923 ... 714527093/
Stuart

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:51 am

Yes, but it is cumbersome.
Select the picture.
Click on download arrow at RH side of screen.
Select "view all sizes"
right click on the photo in view
select "copy image location"
select IMG button on top of this pane and paste image location in between brackets:
Hans Efde

Postby kelvink » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:20 am

Difficult to figure out exactly which photos link to which but this is a reasonable guess I hope....

kelvink

Postby kelvink » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:45 am

It's actually a lot easier than this might make it look but this is how you post a photo from Flickr, the key is to use the "Share" option tag at the bottom right of the photos (rather than type it all out I have copied from another forum here http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.p ... opic=78667 ) :-

Begin by going to the photo page for the image you want to share, and make sure that the permissions on the image are set to "Public". This option is near the bottom of the photo's page, highlighted in red below.

ImagePermissions by stoooo, on Flickr

Now scroll back up to the top so you can see the image again. Flickr's Terms & Conditions state that any image posted from there must be linked back to the image's Flickr page. This used to be really complicated, but recent updates have made the process extremely simple.

First, click the 'Share' icon next to the image. It currently looks like an arrow pointing to the right. This will bring up a menu, like the one below.

Share by stoooo, on Flickr

Make sure that you click on BBCode (this means Bulletin Board Code, which is the formatting language used by this forum's software), and select a size option that is less than 800 pixels wide. You do not need to resize your images before posting, as the required size is embedded in the link, so it will be done automatically for you. SlotForum's rules state that images must be 800x600 or less. Please note that not all sizes will be available for every image. In this case, I have chosen the 640x480 option, as the next largest size was 1024x768, which would not be in keeping with the rules.

Once you have your options selected, click in the text box to highlight the text that starts [url. Simply copy that text (Right-Click|Copy or CTRL-C) from the Flickr page, and paste (Right-Click|Paste or CTRL-V) it directly into your post where you want your image to be. There is no need to click any of the buttons in the editor or add any additional formatting tags to the text, unless you particularly want to add extra formatting such as centring. The text contains everything necessary to tell the forum that this is an image, where that image can be found, at what size to display that image and a link back to the image's Flickr page. This satisfies everyone's Ts&Cs in one step. Brilliant!

Now Preview your post and the image should appear right where you expect it to be.

The one slight wrinkle with the link text from Flickr is that it leaves the description of the image hanging off to the side. To make it a bit neater, simply press Return/Enter to add a new line where the description portion of the text begins. You can see the difference with the first two images I have posted above. Add the line break as per the example below, right after the first /url]

If any of these images are too small for you to see, simply click on them to be taken directly to their Flickr page where you will be able to view them in a variety of larger sizes smile.gif

As with any image hosting service, please be careful about moving or deleting any images that you have posted links to. It is very frustrating to find a historical thread on a topic that you are interested in, only to find that some of the links are broken and the images are no longer displayed.
kelvink

Postby Stuart » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:52 am

Thank you Hans and Kelvin. There haven't been many Midas on 10" wheels.

ImageThe Midas by damian leboutillier, on Flickr
Stuart

Postby Inim666 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Wow guys I was really struggling to understand why the images wouldn't show on there but I will have another go shortly as I'm doing it off my phone
Inim666

Postby Inim666 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:45 pm

And with reference to the wheels I have the choice of wheels as I owned a mini so have 10's , 12's and the 13 inch cabriolet wheels for choice with high lows at the front and I just need to lower the back a little so it suits all the sizes
Inim666

Postby Inim666 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:08 pm

I just can't believe it's never hit the road and finished since 1989
Inim666

Postby goldeneye » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:51 am

are 10" wheels not to small for a Midas?
Midas Mk II
goldeneye

Next

Return to Mk 2