Q151OCR

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Q151OCR

Postby absolute crest » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Q151OCR is dozing quietly under a blanket; I plan resuscitation, and I think there's a complete car in total but certainly not at present all in one piece. Alleged to have Avonbar 1380, electric this-and-that; basket case in truth, needing several zillion hours.

Not dead, though not in any sort of vigour.

Is there any background info or history..?

I've had the car for three years and added a few parts to the pile in the garage but (embarrass) done nothing. I will, though......

AC
absolute crest

Re: Q151OCR

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:09 pm

im after a gold that needs work doing if you know anybody
b1zbaz

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:32 pm

when we meet at a show we should park next to each other my reg is q115 ocr i may be sad but i think its cool
b1zbaz

Postby absolute crest » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Dear all

well, I still didn't touch it. It still dozes damply under a blanket and I'm plainly not going to get to it any time soon.

I'll make another post to describe it more clearly but as of now I'm looking to dispose of it and end the embarrassment.

B*gger.

AC
absolute crest

Q151OCR

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm

First dibs please mate
b1zbaz

Postby absolute crest » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 am

yep, no two ways now; got to do the foul deed. would like to add pix but complete operator ineptitude gets in the way of that. How do we add Pix to a post?

Meanwhile the car is as described variously in preceding posts; a basket-case 1400 Avonbar gold/mk3 coupe with excellent opportunity for garage time to the lucky new keeper. Only those at an open-ended loose end need apply.

It's c. 50 000mi old, comes with an unused maniflow exhaust & lcb, an unused rc40 exhaust, a gash random exhaust, a set of minilitealikes and a set of turbo rims neither of which have tyres that are worth inflating, a heated screen, all fixed and sliding glass bar driver's door (which has sliding perspex), at least some of the trim but no seats thanks to the local rodent population, a box of trivial parts bought in the first flush of passion, rebuilt HIF44, replacement inlet manifold (has combined cast-iron Metro inlet and exhaust manifold set; that's the shopping version, not MG) has aluminium rocker-cover; those were worth 5hp on their own in the 1980s, another steering column, a battery and a big battery, cables to relocate the battery to the rear, carpets that might fit or might be a complete blind alley, door casings that want retrim; it also has the usual plastic bag of documentation showing preceding guardians, past MoT certificates, owner's stuff, alarm instructions and I don't know what all. and anything else I can dig up that might be cluttering the garage and has a BL relation.

It has MG Metro 4pot calipers and vented discs; it has drum rears in apparently acceptable condition; all dry. It has cast-in-spacer drums, as it should.

It doesn't have a diffuser; it doesn't have an MG air cleaner ( I have the common or garden item, unmodified); it doesn't have a short amount of work to complete. It is alleged mechanically sound but needs replaced discs and pads at least; I'll throw those in.

It's currently in rubbish primer; it actually wants complete paint.

attempts to insert pix have all bombed. How is that done, actually?

PM me for pix; put email address in the PM.

regards as always

AC
absolute crest

Postby lankyjames » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 am

AC to post pictures head to imgur.com:
    Drag and drop your files onto the webpage (an odd maneuver but that's how it works!)
    Click upload to send your files to imgur.
    You will then be presented with a page of your pictures, you can click 'create an album' and just post that link on the forum OR
    Take the URL of the picture and append in Img tags, such that it looks like the below:
    Code: Select all
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/RAEfKQOh.jpg[/img]

It would be interesting to know your asking price, and with photos I can add this to the classifieds section of the MOC homepage (first classified ad!).

If you are still struggling getting photos up, send them my way: lankyjames@gmail.com
lankyjames

Q151OCR

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:33 am

That's a nice Volkswagen camper you have got there James lol
b1zbaz

Postby lankyjames » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 am

b1zbaz wrote:That's a nice Volkswagen camper you have got there James lol

Thanks baz, the whole album is here, it's pretty well detailed!
lankyjames

Postby max midas » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 pm

I landed half way up the page on your link and thought it was a Really cool full size conversion.
Has given me ideas for ours.... ;)
max midas

Next

Return to Mk 3 Coupe